Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

BGSL 3 Gun Match Sat Mar 23rd Wilmore KY (Lexington) 3GN Club Series

Bob, only trouble you'll have is finding the pistol pits. Make a right at the first Y, and a left at the second Y, hold left again at the 3rd Y.

I'll be following a couple of guys that shot there last year, so hopefully finding the range won't be painful. B)

Thanks to Greg and all the BGSL members for putting on a great match. There were a lot of shooters out there yesterday, about 70 or so. I was a little surprised to find how much I enjoyed the classifier. Seemed a little weird to reload a riffle after only firing 6 rounds but, All the other stages had plenty of movement, and one had long range steel, after a 50 yard run with the SG. Another great match at BGSL!

We had great weather, and the match was a lot of fun. Our squad was very efficient and moved along very smoothly right up until the final stage, which for us was the long-range stage. We arrived on that stage and the squad ahead of us was on their first shooter! Had to wait over an hour. Didn't get off the stage until after 6:00. We were getting pushed pretty hard to finish that stage, although it wasn't our squad that was the hold up, something happened long before we arrived. Our wait times on the other stages weren't bad, maybe five or six shooters.

I also thought the classifier was fun. Really weird to do a mag change with the rifle like that, but I liked it. Have to remember to dump the dang thing in the barrel and not put it back on the table.

I loved the long-range steel, but I think trying to call hits on those targets was too difficult for the ROs. Some flashers or something hanging that moved more would be a lot easier.

Another great match at BGSL, thanks to everyone involved in putting it together, looking forward to the next one!

What happened to Stage One? Is that bay cursed? We threw out a stage there the last time I was there.

Also, I noticed one of the guys on my squad isn't showing on any of the scores.

I'm curious about Stage 1 also.

I also noticed Eddie is not in the results?

Edited by babob

What happened to Stage One? Is that bay cursed? We threw out a stage there the last time I was there.

He was working that iPad all day, maybe he deleted himself. Now I'm even more afraid to touch it!

He was working that iPad all day, maybe he deleted himself. Now I'm even more afraid to touch it!

LOL! He may have. iPad bad.....no touchy the iPad! LOL! :roflol:

Stage 1- We had an overzealous RO that started tear-down on that stage too soon. As in- before the last squad got back down in the bays to shoot the stage.

That RO is me. Sorry guys. When that squad showed up to shoot, we rebuilt about 75% of it, but after a vote the squad decided not to shoot it, as they probably wouldn't have finished until 7pm or so.

And no- I didn't do it because I had a bunch of mikes on the stage. :)