Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Cost of Cerakote job

gmg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I use to think $150+ was too much for a pistol "paint job"

After doing a cerakote job on a Glock slide, knife, and AR lower I wouldn't do it for $200.

I know when I was complaining about the price I hadn't figured in the amount of acetone use in stripping parts and tool clean up nor the cost & performance discrepancy between 120 grit & 70 grit aluminum oxide.

You will be looking at 200$ for a certified finisher to do the job assuming you do the disassembly and reassembly.

And I would recommend you have them do the reassembly for whatever they charge. It is worth it for them to warren toy the finish in the reassembly process.

After having one gun done with a certified guy here in St. Paul I do not think 200$ is spendy. It is a LOT of work and for finishes to look good.

Good luck.

Retrad

• 2 weeks later...

I use to think $150+ was too much for a pistol "paint job"

After doing a cerakote job on a Glock slide, knife, and AR lower I wouldn't do it for $200.

I know when I was complaining about the price I hadn't figured in the amount of acetone use in stripping parts and tool clean up nor the cost & performance discrepancy between 120 grit & 70 grit aluminum oxide.

I recently cerakoted an older P229 I purchased used. Made my own custom color which turned out great. Since I already have a blaster box of sorts, compressor and small spraygun, I will probably do more myself (an AR is next), but I certainly wouldn't do anyone elses for less than $200.