Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

STI Edge Magazines

NotYou

Hi forum!

I am looking to upgrade to an STI Edge but I was talking to Dawson Precision and they said it would be a few months wait....Bummer.

My question is this, "Are all 2011 magazines interchangeable?" The guy I talked to said as far as he knew STI was way, way behind (as in, no expected shipping date behind) manufacturing magazines and if I order a gun it only come with 1 mag.

I know with all the mess going on with the hoarders stuff is hard to come by..

Are aftermarket mags a possibility? Should I start looking for aftermarket mags or just pony up and order the STI mags and wait for them to show up?

If I have to wait for STI mags I may not be using this pistol for competition this year..... that would suck considering the investment......

Any help or guidance would be great!

Also, if you have an opinion on weather you would go .40 or 9mm if you feel chatty......

I have all the gear for reloading 9mm or .40......

I'm leaning 9mm since that is what I shoot most of now......

Thanks.

I'm in the same boat. I want an Eagle in 9mm, but I don't want it laying around on my bench for months, taunting me, with NO MAGAZINES! I don't know about aftermarket mags, but if you want to pay a premium, you MIGHT find some in the classifieds. As for 9 vs. 40, it completely depends on what you want to use it for. I load .40 for my Edge pretty light for 3gun and it works great.

Either way, this panic stuff has gone off the deep end.

I ordered 2 126mm 9mm mags from Brazos roughly two weeks ago. I got an email from them right after I placed my order stating they would be out of the office until the 26th. I had my mags in hand on the 27th.

Why order a gun and have no mags? Shoot 40 S&W and don't shoot 9mm and loose points for minor. Check and see if you can find any Superior or SPS mags. I have a couple Superior mags and they work fine.

my 9mm STI mags work great in my STI Eagle but do not work reliably in my SV Infinity in 9mm. The slide sometimes hangs up on the STI mags, but SV mags work perfectly in my STI and SV. It could be just the mags I have and/or the gun. I have not had a reason to really work to figure out why it is happening.

Edited by jason237m

• 2 weeks later...

G'day fellas. Recently received a new custom sti edge with 6 brand new mags. I asked the gentleman who did the custom work to tune the mags for me. However, he assured me that they all ran smooth.

They don't!

The rounds are so tight in the mags that the slide has to be racked 2 - 3 times on the first 6 rounds before they'll chamber. The rounds are so tight that the brass is being scarred by the guide rails.

Before I send them back I'd appreciate some advice. Cheers

G'day fellas. Recently received a new custom sti edge with 6 brand new mags. I asked the gentleman who did the custom work to tune the mags for me. However, he assured me that they all ran smooth.

They don't!

The rounds are so tight in the mags that the slide has to be racked 2 - 3 times on the first 6 rounds before they'll chamber. The rounds are so tight that the brass is being scarred by the guide rails.

Before I send them back I'd appreciate some advice. Cheers

Make sure feed lips are spaced out properly - use a calaper.

Remove any burrs from feed lips.

You don't happen to be using 9mm mags for 40?

• 1 year later...