Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Crossed to the Dark Side - Trubor on the way

factorysponsered

Tomorrow I hope, a Trubor in 38 is coming my way.

I was lucky enough to score a couple new mags for it too.

Here is my question. What are everyone running for guts and basepads?

I currently run limited with taran follower and springs-finally got those to actually work-and dawson snl pads.

Thank you in advance.

Also any tips and tricks would be appriciated.

Grams springs and followers and Dawsons BP's. The TT base pads are good too if you want to swap them off your limited mags to save some $$

Im only running their springs and followers. I think I have one 4G laying around but I run all dawson SNL's on the limited gun.

honestly didnt even think about just running the SNLs I already have and saving money.

Grams springs and followers and Dawsons BP's. The TT base pads are good too if you want to swap them off your limited mags to save some $$

Well heck, Dawson reached out to me and said that you can't or shouldn't run SNL's for 9mm or 38. Bummer

I have never heard that. What was the reasoning? I run the TT basepads but his followers would not work for me.

Well heck, Dawson reached out to me and said that you can't or shouldn't run SNL's for 9mm or 38. Bummer

Dave told you that? There are a gazillion people doing so with no problems. Interesting.

I am using Bolens in pretty much all my magazines, and so far no issues. They give one extra round compared to Grams.

Curious, are your mags tuned? I thought conventional wisdom was that bolens followers will flip over if you load them to max in an untuned STI mag. Are you running them in SV mags by chance?

I have never heard that. What was the reasoning? I run the TT basepads but his followers would not work for me.

Dave told you that? There are a gazillion people doing so with no problems. Interesting.

I forget the reasoning at the moment, but if you look at their site now it says "Do not use on 38 super or 9mm mags!"

I forget the reasoning at the moment, but if you look at their site now it says "Do not use on 38 super or 9mm mags!"

Hogwash!

1. For a 140mm mag, it doesn't matter at all when it comes to legal length in Open, since the maximum is 170mm.

2. Lots of people using S.N.L. basepads in 9mm/.38 Super, me included, and they WILL fit the gauge! Mine fits the gauge, and I have done NO tuning to my 170mm. At most, you may have to file a small bit off of the rear edge of the feed lips.

The TTI follower works great in SVI mags, but will give you headaches if you try to make it work in an STI mag. Grams followers and springs are the way to go in STI mags. Grams will also work perfectly in SVI mags, but the TTI follower and spring will usually give you one more round.

Also, I ordered a few tuned mags from FGW when I bought my open gun last year. The 170s came with Dawson SNL pads, held 29 rounds, and fit the gauge without a problem

Edited by Desmo412