Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Made Expert Today!

Matt in TN

I know I've got a ways yet to catch up with a lot of you, but I've been working fairly hard on this lately and I'm feeling pretty darn good about it today! I scored 105.32 with 18 points down, shooting a Glock Model 30 from an IWB holster with full power 230gr ball.

OK - enough back-patting. Now it's back to practicing...

I know I've got a ways yet to catch up with a lot of you, but I've been working fairly hard on this lately and I'm feeling pretty darn good about it today! I scored 105.32 with 18 points down, shooting a Glock Model 30 from an IWB holster with full power 230gr ball.

OK - enough back-patting. Now it's back to practicing...

Nice job! Now get the right gear and make master :-) You would be surprised at how much better 170PF .45 feels and how much faster your draw will be from a belt holster.

Race you to Master?

You're on! Although I think going from Expert to Master will be even harder than going from Sharpshooter to Expert -

Now get the right gear and make master

I won't do it! My entire reason for shooting IDPA is to get better with my carry rig. As tempted as I've been to go all "gamer" lately, I'm holding out and sticking to my principles. My wife says I always have to do things the hard way...

• 1 month later...

I was just bumped to SS from MM over the weekend after the AZ championship.

I guess with a bit of dedication, more dry fire practice and a few drills I can get bumped to expert.

Or I could idiotically drill the classifier and make expert this way.

Hmmm which one is more satisfying?

I was just bumped to SS from MM over the weekend after the AZ championship.

I guess with a bit of dedication, more dry fire practice and a few drills I can get bumped to expert.

Or I could idiotically drill the classifier and make expert this way.

Hmmm which one is more satisfying?

Or you could just shoot the classifier and have the skills to make expert that way.

Or you could just shoot the classifier and have the skills to make expert that way.

I see it as a more satisfying move up the divisions.

Besides, I started practical shooting in February last year (when bullseye stopped being entertaining) when I shot only club steel until my first USPSA in May and IDPA in August, I am so far happy with the progress.

My goal is not to reach higher divisions at all cost, it is to improve my shooting and have a lot of fun.

i look more at my finishes against others than the classifier. If you consistantly shoot with the experts, you are most likely very close to being one. The classifier can be shot and practiced till you get where you want to be, but when it time to bring the A game, sometimes it doe not show up on anything but paper.

Matt is right, it is just a milestone. I was pretty happy about my bump.

My next mandatory classifier is in December and I am just going to shoot it as if I was a USPSA Limited shooter.

I appreciate the fact that classifiers are not part of every match as in USPSA and that if you want 4 stages of run-and-gun, you can do it.

On the other hand I find the fact that there is only one classifier an open door to gamers who can indeed end up in Master without being able to bring the A-game.

Matt is right, it is just a milestone. I was pretty happy about my bump.

My next mandatory classifier is in December and I am just going to shoot it as if I was a USPSA Limited shooter.

I appreciate the fact that classifiers are not part of every match as in USPSA and that if you want 4 stages of run-and-gun, you can do it.

On the other hand I find the fact that there is only one classifier an open door to gamers who can indeed end up in Master without being able to bring the A-game.

Someone could practice the classifier until they are expert and not do well in a match. But, if they can shoot the classifier well they should have down the fundementals and just need to put things together to do well. I know guys that are sloppy and fast and got there bumps to SS and to EX. Only to get to EX and not be able to keep up. They have the speed, and can do well on the spray and pray type stages. But when the shots get tough they fall apart.