Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dawson Ice magwell on XDm 5.25

WidowsSon683

What do they do? Seems like they would have to drill and tap the back strap. I'd like to do one if it's easily removeable. If someone could post a pic, that would be great

Its very easy to remove , They have a plug that fits in the back strap and the magwell screws to it .

Its very easy to remove , They have a plug that fits in the back strap and the magwell screws to

Is there more to removal than just pushing out the pin for the back strap? Is there any connection to the front of the grip?

Also, how much extension do you think you would need to put on the stock magazine to make it functional with magwell? I'm debating between using a rubber extension pad with the stock mag vs a new extended baseplate. I haven't figured out which of he extended baseplate are the premium ones that don't disassemble when dropped.

Thanks

Bob

Its very easy to remove , They have a plug that fits in the back strap and the magwell screws to

Is there more to removal than just pushing out the pin for the back strap? Is there any connection to the front of the grip?

Also, how much extension do you think you would need to put on the stock magazine to make it functional with magwell? I'm debating between using a rubber extension pad with the stock mag vs a new extended baseplate. I haven't figured out which of he extended baseplate are the premium ones that don't disassemble when dropped.

Thanks

Bob

Im getting the dawsons toolless +1s. From what ive read and seen they seem to be the simplest and sturdiest.

Im getting the dawsons toolless +1s. From what ive read and seen they seem to be the simplest and sturdiest.

Which ones are those? I only see the +3 or 4 and the +0

+3/4 http://www.dawsonprecision.com/ProductDetail.jsp?LISTID=80001620-1343316591

+0 http://www.dawsonprecision.com/ProductDetail.jsp?LISTID=80001764-1349296431

Thanks

Bob

Well my order shipped yesterday, I sent the backstrap today, and my order arrived today minus the magwell. And wouldn't you know it the damn mag extensions are on BO. Also I've cut pieces of pipe more flexible than the DAA belt i got. That thing is STIFF.

I ordered a few mag extensions about two weeks ago and they shipped just the other day. Hopefully you won't have to wait long for yours. Look on the bright side...DP never charges shipping for BO items!

Thanks

Bob

The magwell screws to the steel plug that goes in the bacck strap. So you can unscrew the well and the plug stays in the pinned backstrap. There is nothing to remove on the front of the gun. The stock mags like about 1/8 inch to lock up , sholud be able to bevel base pad and add on a slam pad for extension. The new Dawson base pads work great with the magwell. Arredondo's pads can also be beveled to allow lock up. With the Dawson base pad and a Gram follower you can get 21 rounds in the 40 . Edited by danny

• 2 weeks later...

I finally got around to putting the magwell on my pistol. Had to cancel my extension order due to some unforseen expenses (my company wont fix the road to my jobsite so my front suspension crapped on me). Just reordered 8 of them with my tax money woohoo. And tommorow im going to call PRP to make sure they have the ultimate match target trigger kit in stock before i order it.