Hello

i'm pretty new to bianchi

i have checked the nra rule book and it only say 3.5 pounds for production

is there a minimum for open and metallic

and where can we buy a tombstone optic for open guns and shroud for 1911

thanks

phil

Edited by philproulx

Not sure how important the Tombstone Reticle is anymore. With the big black dot in the center of the target I think a lot of people are just using a regular dot. A mover base from Toolguy takes care of the moving target leads, or you can dial in for the mover. I have a Caspian shroud on my gun. Not sure if they have them in stock.

The Gilmore shroud is the way to go.

It looks like you are from Canada. If you know Russell Bryan, he may be able to help you out with the tombstone. He has a few of the old Holo sights with tombstone reticles. It's been about 15 years since they were made. The majority of us use a tube red dot and a Stick Shift mover base.

thanks for all the info

i'll start with a metallic gun first and build an open in a nearby future

i have made some aggrement with my shooting federation up here to start action pistol

they give me financial support and publicity

my main concern is the mover

there's no way with all the restriction we havein shooting imposed by our governement , that i can have the mover

we cannot move past the line of fire .....i know that stupid but we are still allowed to shoot

we gonna make the speed reload event 7.17 in the rule book instead

i guess it's a challenging event too

philippe

You don't understand the course of fire on the NRA Mover. You fire from stationary points at 10,15, 20 and 25 yards. The shooter doesn't move out of the 3'X3' shooting boxes at those distances while firing. The target moves from right to left on the first pass and from left to right on the next. You fire 6 shots on each pass at the 10 & 15 yard lines for 12 shots at each distance. The fire 3 shots on each of 4 passes at the 20 & 25 yard lines. No reloading on the clock is needed. You start each pass in the "surrender" position, wrists at shoulder height. I stress again, the SHOOTER DOESN'T MOVE OUT OF THE BOX.

Alan~^~

our ranges are builded that there is only one place you can shoot ----the legal firing line

we cannot back off or go foward

so the thing with the boxes backing 10-15-20-25 yards i legally cannot do it

if i do so my good governement with all it's wisdom will shut down my range

What is the distance between the firing line and the backstop? If there is 25 yards or more, there is a way.

Install the 2 ends of the mover on rails that run perpendicular to the backstop. After the shooter has finished the runs at 10 yards, move the 2 ends 5 yards down range. Run the 15 yard line and move the ends 5 more yards. Shoot the 20 yard line and move it 5 more yards for the 25. Each rail would have to be 45ft long. It certainly wouldn't be the ideal way to do things but if there is a will there is a way.

our ranges are builded that there is only one place you can shoot ----the legal firing line

we cannot back off or go foward

so the thing with the boxes backing 10-15-20-25 yards i legally cannot do it

if i do so my good governement with all it's wisdom will shut down my range

How do you practice the other events? Do you have separate ranges for each distance of the Practical, Plates, and Barricade? (That would be a lot of ranges!)

For the mover, if you do not have a moving target system, use a stationary target and turn to the target from a point (put stick in ground) that is 30feet left and right of the stationary target. Mover the target and teh sticks back from the shooting line to simulate the required distances and timings. That way you remain at the same shooting point and the targets is retreating from you position as required for each course of fire.

If you build a moving target system, the entire rail (my preferred method) and or string system will have to be mobile, to move away from your fixed firing point, that I can see being somewhat costly.

I believe in Germany fort he World Shoot the firing points were fixed and the targets moved to the appropriate range as required. Kevin may be able to verify this.