Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Help with getting compensator on Match 10mm

MarkR929

So here is what I'm talking about. Limited with rod on top, Hunter with Rod on bottom (pardon the skankiness of my slides, they need a cleaning)

post-23941-0-93457300-1362450603_thumb.j

Here is my attempt to put the Hunter rod in my Limited slide, which did not work:

post-23941-0-50251500-1362450641_thumb.j

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Are any of the other models of Tanfoglio pistols longer and necked down? Perhaps a Gold Team or something with a longer shroud?

The V12 Gold Team (current model) uses a standard length slide, the V8 used a long slide. The long slide models use the hour glass guide rod.

Anyone know anyone or have the ability themself to make the guide rod for me for a reasonable price? EAA gives me a different story every time I call them and I am starting to believe they are borderline incompetent. All I need is the exact same thing as what I have except 1/4" longer on the outboard end.

• 2 weeks later...

So here is what I'm talking about. Limited with rod on top, Hunter with Rod on bottom (pardon the skankiness of my slides, they need a cleaning)

post-23941-0-93457300-1362450603_thumb.j

Here is my attempt to put the Hunter rod in my Limited slide, which did not work:

post-23941-0-50251500-1362450641_thumb.j

So on the hunter does the "extra" collar come off or is it permanent and does anyone know the length of a gold team guide spring rod?

Mark,

I don't have one to be sure, but I would bet the guide rod on the GT is the same length as the one on your match or shorter.

Even though it's a longer barrel??? I don't see how that's possible, especially when the GT has a comp also, but anything is possible I guess.

So on the hunter does the "extra" collar come off or is it permanent and does anyone know the length of a gold team guide spring rod?

It appears they pinned a normal length guiderod into the block.

Nealio, isn't the long recoil system part of the appeal of a long slide pistol?

For me it was:

cool factor

longer sight radius

better velocities

I never considered the recoil system on any gun I've bought.....

EAA is INCOMPETENT!!!! I sent the short guide spring rod back with a specific message that if they have a LONGER than 4-1/8" rod I would take that in exchange or a refund, what do they send me????, a long slide guide rod that is 4-1/8" long. So I called them up again to complain and have them send another prepaid package to send it back to them again. I was told that, yes they can read, and was told maybe they don't have what I need.......Really, no kidding. Apparently using a ruler or comparing parts is too difficult for them. REALLY DISAPPOINTED!!!!! Walmart has better service and more knowledgeable people. It's no wonder our country is in the shape it's in.

If anyone know the length of a Gold Team and or a Bullseye guide spring rod I would greatly appreciate the info. If the rod has the spool/block thing pinned on it, it won't help. I know a Hunter has it and it won't fit.

Thanks

When I get to a computer I can post pictures, but the idea is: get a 3/8"x6" bolt, chuck it up in your drill press, and turn it down with a file as it spins. As you get closer to your desired dimensions, use a finer file then sand paper, if you finish with 2000 grit it should look professionally done.

Patience and persistence is a great substitute for high end equipment.

I think just a plain zinc bolt will do, but if you wanted to get fancy you could use a SS or automotive grade bolt, but you better double that patience and persistence!

Called the gunsmith today to verify for tomorrow, now he says the barrel is too hard and he can't cut it, WTF. I could rob Fort Knox with less effort than this is becoming. I can't believe this is so damn hard to get accomplished. On a better note, I've started making the guide spring rod myself and it seems to be working but it will take some time.

Quite honestly, I would, but I don't have the tools or know-how to cut the threads properly. If I had to use a hack saw and file it down I'm about ready to do that. The rod turned out very well except the 1/4" bolt I used was just a 1/16" or so under-sized (diameter) so I may try the next larger sized bolt and see what I can do with it.