Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

KKM barrel 34 glock KB

ronccowboy

this weekend i had my 6 yr old match 34 glock with a KKM drop in barrel blow up. top and bottom seperated about 2/3 way down the barrel. No dud, single shooting drill from a std mag. all factory ammo ( i don;t reload) and i have installed a smooth trigger. the barrel was 2 years old with around 1500 rounds fired thru it with no problem. Anyone know of a problem with these barrels? it blew the front up about 3 inches off the rail. and lost the guiderod and spring. so far i see nothing else impacted. no injuries got lucky.

How do you know it wasn't a bad factory round?

He probably doesn't, but that wasn't his question was it? Did you by chance manage to save any part of the casing of the suspect round? Did it eject from the gun? I am not aware of any problems with KKM barrels. You might try a search, but I think if there were an issue we would know it far and wide here as a lot of us are using KKM barrels.

He probably doesn't, but that wasn't his question was it?

That was not his question but it is a possible issue that has come up before, hasn't it? I am merely mentioning it because sometimes people get bad lots of ammo. Perhaps he can inspect the remaining portion of the ammo for any weird things such as bullet set back, etc? What is with the snide tone? We are all here to help each other. Many possibilities in a case like this. Might as well explore them all to help arrive at the answer. :closedeyes:

OP: Check the remaining lot (if you have any left) for any bullet set back.

I personally have not ran into problems with a KKM barrel in my G34.

Edited by JaeOne3345

• 1 month later...

Hi guys new member but I think JaeOne is probably right. KKM's quality is top notch so I dout its the barrel. I had a bad box of Hornady match 22-250 for a remington 700 I had. Fired about 5 rounds and then KABOOM. It took a 5 pound leather hammer and 3 really big dudes to get the bolt to release. Blah blah blah... Anyways I called Hornady they told me to send them the 2 boxes of ammo I had baught and the rifle. They found that the brass what not treated properly (Im missing the technical term there) and they sent my gun to remington and fixed it up for me.

So long story short, contact the company and you might get a new barrel.

i have a kkm barrel that has trulie laughable acuracy, it couldn't shoot inside of a 8 by 11 pice of paper at 15 yards..

i just went back to using the factory barrel..

i didn't blow up my gun dough..

that's just scary..

followup. i know it was not an obstruction. I was doing specific draw and shoot 1 time at IDPA target practice a la steve anderson drills. I sent the barrell back to KKM. After ripping the barrel apart, they sent me a 1 line letter saying it had to be an obstruction and majic markered the barrel right next to the chamber and suggested that was where the obstruction was. I'm no gunsmith, but as a materials engineer the barrell failed about 1 1/2 inch futher down the barrel and the split continued approximately 2" beyond that. I have had two of our city's experienced gunsmiths look it over and both agree it was barrel failure. So much for KKM.

By the same token, i would be remiss if i did not note the Glock response. I sent the gun parts back to Glock for review and estimate for what it would cost me to fix. i wanted to make sure the gun was safe beyond a visual check. i explain that the after market barrel had failed and included pictures of the barrel and gun before i disassembled it. They replace the barrel, pushrod, springs, put it in a glock box and added a mag. sent it back to me with a manifest that said - gun returned to factory specs, ok to use, no charge. If you don't think that kind of service makes me proud to shoot a Glock..