Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

View new content not working for me

Marv Z

When I try to view new content, all I get is new content I'm subscribed to. Just started a couple days ago, was fine till then. Cleared cookies and cache, logged out and back in. Using Win XP at work, Vista at home and an Android tablet. Same results on all. Tried to change my preferences on new content page with no success. thanks!!!!

Appears someone changed my new content settings and I wasn't setting them back correctly. My brother-inlaws kid was on my home pc over the weekend and had this forum open. Got it working now. Thanks!!!!

Edited by Marv Z

When you are on the "View New Content" page, look to the left side of the screen. There is a heading labeled "By time period." Make sure that is set the way you wish. I think most people prefer "Content I have not read." I think most people who have struggled with VNC since the upgrade have this set to something else. (I know that was true in my case.)

Jeff, I am the LAST person to give computer advice to. I still say it is a problem with the forum software and so do my very tech savvy kids. THE ONLY place on the entire world wide web that I have problems with is these forums. I use Chrome and sometimes it just flat does not want to respond at all. But for the last two days it is working perfectly. When it acts up I switch to IE and it works fine. So maybe try switching to another browser just to see if it works.

Just started acting for me too. Same thing as Jeff. No matter wha search parameter I click on, It only brings up one thread...about a sectional shoot or something. I can go to the forum main page, and see where new posts have been made, but vnc does not pull them up

Fixed it! Somehow the parameter "items I follow" was clicked. Tried to change it to all the forums, but it wouldn't let me. You have to click the "items I follow" to turn that off, then click the very bottom tab to mark that you want to search all the forums. A window will pop up, the top box should be clicked "all forums"....click save, and you are back in business.

Edited by GrumpyOne

How do I change the script above my picture?

This is the wrong thread to post that question in, which is why you mightn't've seen this thread: http://www.brianenos...showtopic=13517

Member Titles

What do they mean, where do they come from, and why can't I change mine?

Your Member Title corresponds to your post count. When your post count reaches the number in the left column, that's who you are, wink.gif for awhile.

0 looks for range

25 looks for match

50 finally read the FAQ

150 looks for target

200 sees target

250 sees sights

350 sees sights lift

500 calls shots

1000 beyond it all

2000 burned out

3000 back from the dead

You cannot change your own Member Title until your post count reaches 3000. At which time an option will appear in "My Controls."

The highly meaningful Member Title names are the result of an in-depth survey conducted by long-standing members.

If some Member's Titles appear custom, it's probably because the Member's friend petitioned Admin to change it so it embodies to that Member's unique identity. wink.gif

• 1 month later...

I also cannot see any new content. Tried two different browsers IE 9 and IE8and two seperate computers (Safari on an iPad). Even clicking on link for new posts in last 30 days, six months, etc. give me the message "Nonewcontentfound"

Chip