Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Starting IDPA gear questions

strangedays

Ok so I have been shooting USPSA for years and now want to give IDPA a go. I would like to keep in the .40 platform. I was thinking going with a glock 35 but not set 100% yet. Any input would be great! Thanks ahead of time. What mag holders, holsters and such are working well in this field.

Edited by strangedays

In IDPA you shoot whatever you want as long as it is at least a 38 caliber and not a race gun. Is it something you would use in a self defense scenario? Can you carry it concealed? Are you very familiar with this gun? Then shoot that. And have fun.

I use an uncle mike's double mag pouch for my g34. Cheap enough to have an extra pouch or 3 in the bag, in case of a breakage.

I use the same bladetech holster for both production and IDPA. I like the DOH, but after starting SS in USPSA I took the DOH off, so I could have commonality between my holster index.

I mainly shoot USPSA, with a sprinkling of 6-8 IDPA matches in a given year. If I were going to primarily shoot IDPA I would go with ready-tac pouches, and if my uncle mike's pouches do every give out, I will do that.