Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

The Range Bag

Dalmas

I started shooting IPSC in April 2003 and had a small Tamrac Camera bag with my gear in. Oh well 1½ later I carry a whole lot more "junk" around. Too those newbies that wonder what is a must have in your bag this might be a guide for you. Hope it can give a hint or two.. Mine is a living organism and eat more stuff every day.. ;) Enjoy. It's a slideshow.

MY RANGE BAG

P.s. the file is 2.3M big so it might take a while to load.

Edited by Dalmas

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thx, I'm glad you liked it. It took all of 30min to make so I'll make more slideshows of stuff for sure. I'm not surprised that the baby oil caused some comments but here's why i have it.. :D

Especially on warm long days at the range the hands get sticky and dirty and I often feel that in those circumstances that the skin between thumb and index finger "get stuck" on the gripsafety preventing and delaying my grip. So I wet a cuetip (spelling?!) with babyoil and apply it to the skin that come in contact with the grip safety and whoila my hand slips right in place.. Since I use Pro Grip on the rest of my hands the little bit of oil had no effect on my overall grip only that I get a better grip and faster. Try it.. ;)

I've come like this slideshow business.. so here's one of me shooting (with garfield in 2 pics) Dalmas shooting and not

about the *thumb rest [generic]*, you're shooting 9x19, does it really help?  is it just something to place your support thumb on? don't you get any muzzle steer?

B)

To some degree it might be overkill in 9mm but yes I have felt a change in control even with 9x19 (i shot power factor 148), it's easier to track the front sight. Another significant reason is that I hope in a short future that we'll be allowed to shot .40 here and then I'm sure I'll have more use of the *thumb rest [generic]* so I'm using this time to get used to using it. I really like it, and since I have pretty big hands I can place it really close to the muzzle...

Dalmas: nice slideshow! who's the one shooting the AR? he's wearing the white shirt with the PPSA (Philippine Practical Shooting Association) logo?

I can't find the thread about how you make your custom grips.

B)

The guy's name is Peter Andersen and he frequently visit the Philippines. you can find his story and a lot of pics on his website classictarget.dk

Dalmas: Yes! I saw Peter last year when he was with the IROA contingent officiating during one of the Level III matches here in the Philippines! Thanks!

I saw the thread where you talked about making your custom grip but found it quite vague. Care to give step-by-step instructions on your procedure and materials used? Thanks again!

Dalmas: Yes! I saw Peter last year when he was with the IROA contingent officiating during one of the Level III matches here in the Philippines! Thanks!

I saw the thread where you talked about making your custom grip but found it quite vague. Care to give step-by-step instructions on your procedure and materials used? Thanks again!

Here is the step by step version! Next time I redo my grip I'll make a detailed slideshow.

• 2 years later...

Just wondering what everyone packs in thier range bag for a mid to large size match or major championship. I have a complete replacement part kit for my gun, including 4 to 5 of each spring. Tools to take out every pin and allen screw in my gun. Three different types of lube. Small sight in targets...just to name a few. All this with the normal stuff thats in the bag like eye/ear protection, ammo, mag loaders.