Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dillon 650 Case Feeder Upgrade

Does anyone know of a way to upgrade the capacity of the case feeder for the 650? I have an RF100 and a Mr.Bulletfeeder so I'm humming along until I have to feed cases to the case feeder. My issue is the motor has no balls so it only takes 100 or so .38 cases to bind the feeder Up.

Ammoload.com makes a pin style rotary case collator that can handle 1500 9mm cases. It is really nice but they sell it for $3,300!!!

The feeder doesn't slow me down tremendously, it's more of just an annoyance I would like to fix if there is anything available or if someon knows of a cheaper commercial unit.

What if you rigged something up...almost like a big casefeeder that has a dump-truck type release on it. That way, you could flip a switch to release the "door" which would release additional cases into the casefeeder.

What if you rigged something up...almost like a big casefeeder that has a dump-truck type release on it. That way, you could flip a switch to release the "door" which would release additional cases into the casefeeder.

I like that idea but I gotta figure this weak motor thing out as well

I would call Dillon. The casefeeder should hold more than that. Mine handles 400+ 9mm without issue.

Maybe it is my feeder and not the norm... I can really only get around 100 .38spl cases in there before it binds and maybe 150-200 9mm cases.

I would call Dillon. The casefeeder should hold more than that. Mine handles 400+ 9mm without issue.

Maybe it is my feeder and not the norm... I can really only get around 100 .38spl cases in there before it binds and maybe 150-200 9mm cases.

That isn't normal... mine will easily hold 400-500 9mm and 300 of .223 rifle.

And it the shell plate indexes with no problem with that many cases?

I normally only load 300 9mm at a time but it doesn't miss a beat at 400 no difference. Are you sure it's the motor and the clutch isn't slipping?

Yeah, the motor won't do anything when I load up with cases.

I normally only load 300 9mm at a time but it doesn't miss a beat at 400 no difference. Are you sure it's the motor and the clutch isn't slipping?

Are you using the High setting? If you're using Low that could be the problem.

No, I'm using the high setting and I tried tightening up the clutch but it still has a very low capacity (around 100 cases). Anything more than that and the motor just stops. I guess I have to call DIllon. Maybe I have a bad motor?

No, I'm using the high setting and I tried tightening up the clutch but it still has a very low capacity (around 100 cases). Anything more than that and the motor just stops. I guess I have to call DIllon. Maybe I have a bad motor?

I would agree, sounds like the motor is bad. Check one more thing first if you can. Check if you have high resistance going through the micro-switch actuated within the case drop tube. If high the voltage will be low going to the motor. You could also just bypass the switch altogether and see if that improves the motors performance.

I would agree, sounds like the motor is bad. Check one more thing first if you can. Check if you have high resistance going through the micro-switch actuated within the case drop tube. If high the voltage will be low going to the motor. You could also just bypass the switch altogether and see if that improves the motors performance.

Thanks for the recommendation but I think I'm going to call Dillon because I know they will stand behind the motor.

Mine acts the same too. Please post what Dillon says.

The setup video says that you can only put a put brass in that would fill a coffee can. That turns out to be about the number that is mentioned in these posts.