Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

THink I figured it out: broken trigger bar

photog

So, I been having lots o problems with the Limited. After replacing the trigger with a Hennings medium, the gun would fire, but not always reset the trigger. If I pulled the hammer back a little ways, the trigger would reset, effectivly making it a TRUE single action. Took the whole thing apart. Polished everything I could find. Adjusted the pre and overtravel for days, and nothing helped. Finally figured that a new sear and hammer from Henning would fix it. Got those in (trimming the sear is not too bad) in a day or so. Took it out to the forest for test fire and *&%(*^(&^ it still hung up. Dissassembled AGAIN and finally noticed a crack in the trigger bar right where the sear engages. The crack allows the bar halves to move independantly and holds the trigger against the hammer because is do not disengage.

Hopefully I can get another trigger bar, as welding and filing would be a pain!

Emailed EAA Corp and got no response, so gave them a call. Talked to sales, they are sending a new trigger bar out ($25 shipped).

Is there going to be much fitting required? Anybody know?

Thanks, CHA-LEE. I didn't know that replacing the trigger bar would require "rounding and polishing the underside of the trigger bar". The Brian Enos forum is great because a few people who have been there are done that (or had that happen to them) are willing to share their knowledge. Kudos. :cheers:

Edited by jmbaccolyte

• 4 weeks later...

Yep got the part in and it needed to be reshaped under the plunger. also had to cut two coils off the plunger spring or the ting would NOT reset with a henning trigger. I think the issue is that with the large frame the plunger hits the ramp at the wrong place. Also the ramp was really really poorly machined. took a few hours of dremel/sand/polish and finally a lap with polish compound, but its working now. Gotta say that now with this setup it's a SWEET trigger:

Henning trigger/sear/hammer

new trigger bar, stoned sides, polished ramp

mirror polished plunger with 2 coils cut off spring

xl fire pin

pin safety removed

other stuff done:

stoned slide rails flat

stoned safety levers

blended magwell

smoothed mag feed surfaces

Since I don't really want a super light trigger, I left he stock hammer spring, have about a 3lb trigger, but its so crisp that it feels much lighter. very little movement (like 3mm at the TIP of the trigger).

Granted I spend a ton of time stoning and polishing, but the end result is pretty impressive.

If you are having trigger reset issues with the Henning flat trigger setup, you should probably use a stronger trigger return spring. I also suggest using slide glide grease to properly lubricate the mating point between the under side of the trigger bar and the head of the plunger. Using a grease in this location will help keep contaminates out of the mating points for many thousands of rounds.

• 2 weeks later...