Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

slide to frame fitting

bonglee0507

double plug your ears, so you dont hear it rattle, and shoot the crap out of it, or sell it. If you start trying to fix it you could get into a chunk of change and if you are going to drop a chunk on it then you should start over, also are you sure it is the slide rattleing ???

Im sure bec im not wearing any ear plugs

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

I was just kidding about the ear plugs,but really just shoot it until it falls apart

Was just joking also man! I'll be doing that in a while!

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Most likely the barrel is linking up higher, either because the bottom lugs/feet are taller, the link is longer, or a combination of the two. That forces the slide to frame to their max tolerance, which tightens everything up. It's not the right way to build a gun, but it works most of the time. Could also cause problems depending on frame dimensions. You would think after building thousands of guns, STI would know how to do it right.

Most likely the barrel is linking up higher, either because the bottom lugs/feet are taller, the link is longer, or a combination of the two. That forces the slide to frame to their max tolerance, which tightens everything up. It's not the right way to build a gun, but it works most of the time. Could also cause problems depending on frame dimensions. You would think after building thousands of guns, STI would know how to do it right.

Well, that's the problem with mass produced guns sometimes you get a lemon one. Kkm barrels are very hard to install unlike schuemann bec it is oversized so that the gunsmith can fit it right.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

• 1 month later...
Apply slide glide then shoot the hell out of it.

Send me one hahahaha

Sounds like you fixed the issue. Ideally you want the gun to lock up tight for accuracy and be loose when it cycles for reliability.

Apply slide glide then shoot the hell out of it.

Send me one hahahaha

Sounds like you fixed the issue. Ideally you want the gun to lock up tight for accuracy and be loose when it cycles for reliability.

I will never buy a factory gun again. I'll just get one from a custom shop

this is the philippines bro, you just can't return it just like that it's your's for life or sell it at a 2nd hand price. the warranty center of sti here will just do peening and squeezing of the frame and slide. searched the net and i found out that tig welding is the best way and that's only $73 here.

If the STI warranty center will squeeze/peen the rails, then I wouldn't hesitate letting them do it. Especially if it's at no charge. I had an old school gunsmith do that to my Colt Gold Cup 30 years ago and tens of thousands of rounds later, it's still tight!

^^^^^^^^^ This!