Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

PRS seems too long?

promod1385

I received a PRS as a gift and it seems a bit long for me. I am 5'6" (32-33 sleeve length) and currently run a Magpul ACS-L, I generally run the ACS on the shortest setting or one click out. I am wondering what shooters of similar size are using?

I was hoping to use the PRS on my next three gun build but I fear it will be too long for me to comfortably manipulate. I might have to return it to midway and pick up a shorter stock, anyone have a recommendation?

I would just continue to run an ACS-L, unless you were wanting something with weight and solidity like the PRS. If that is the case I would go with a UBR, rigid with a bit of weight to balance out a longer or heavier barrel or simply move the center of balance closer to you. One other thought, if you like the ACS-L but wanted more weight towards the back of the gun is use a JP Silent Captured Spring buffer system with the ACS-L, it will add about 5oz over a standard carbine buffer and spring setup. YMMV.

I am just about the same size and run a LMT sopmod fully collapsed. I like to get my support hand as far out to the end of the gun as possible. Rifle length or longer forends work well for this, and short stock if you have short arms.

I would stick with what you have. Short and light.

George

I use a PRS on my 3 Gun Rifle. The question should be A2 rifle stock too long? Then use a carbine length. The rifle recoils differently with the A2 length stock than with a Carbine length stock.

Is a rifle length stock too long? You just should it accordingly and use it ;)

Been doing some clicking around on ther interwebs and dug out my tape measure too.

Current ACS-L in shortest position: 7 3/4" (at top of stock)

PRS - is a mininum of 10 1/4"

I dont have an A1 or A2 stock to measure but I found this info online:

A1- 10 1/4"

A2- 10 3/4"

I am going to go with the ACE in the entry size and put the 1/2" pad on it.