Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Fear of 10+ magazines

Extractor

I hate the fear mongering of 10+ magazines.

Does it really matter if someone has 10 x 10 shot mags or 5 x 20 shot mags or 3 and a bit x 30 shot mags? They still have the same number of rounds with around an extra 5-10 or 15 seconds in total for reloading.

Where's the 'massive' safety for the public in this loss of freedom as espoused by so many people calling for a ban on 'high capacity' magazines?

For all of the public that thinks limiting magazine capacity will be "safer" all you need to do is show them the below video. If someone is determined to blast a bunch of rounds in a short amount of time, having 10 round mags isn't going to make much of a difference.

Creating additional laws that further restrict what law abiding citizens can or can't do isn't going to make ANY difference in what the lawless or crazy people do. The lawless and crazy people are going to do whatever they want regardless of laws or rules.

Mags and assault weapons are a smoke screen-They know they can't take them. instead, they will quitely make ammo and components disappear.

This is exactly what I think is gonna happen. I have already heard rumblings that would limit online sales of ammo to 500 rounds. Like the OP said, I can carry 3 single stack 10 rounders as easily as I can carry 2 15 rounders.

What you all fail to realize is it doesn't matter what is fact and fiction. Any loss of liberty is a loss. Incrementalism is what they want. They couldn't care a hoot what they get to ban as long as it is something. Then that will be used as a launch for something further. The facts are that mass killings are in fact going down but you won't hear that anywhere that matters. Also a fact was that the recent mall shooter killed himself after being confronted by a citizen carrying legally. It is not about anything but control.

Mags and assault weapons are a smoke screen-They know they can't take them. instead, they will quitely make ammo and components disappear.

This is exactly what I think is gonna happen. I have already heard rumblings that would limit online sales of ammo to 500 rounds. Like the OP said, I can carry 3 single stack 10 rounders as easily as I can carry 2 15 rounders.

Being originally from France I know that the limit there is 1,000 rounds of centerfire ammo per year and one centerfire pistol per person (which explains why people own a lot of rimfire pistols and rifles

There is an exception for competitive shooters who then HAVE to join the French shooting federation (FFT) in order to be allowed to own more than one firearm and to purchase more ammo and components. This is why all competitive shooters there reload.

Other exceptions exist for hunters, professional hunters (European wild boars are nasty and dangerous, pros are sometimes hired to take down one particular hog) and of course people in the VIP protection business.

No limit on magazine capacity, because the top handguns people own are milsurp 1911s plus the popular national pride, the Manurhin MR73. When you are limited on ammo, better make them count.

Down the road I foresee a long battle where the pros will gain back some ground and either this goes away or there is some sort of meeting in the middle, as in making ARs and AKs more difficult to obtain and some States accepting to reduce magazine capacity.

The dems have to realize they are going to be kicked in the butt in 2014 if they push this too hard.

Edited by NicVerAZ

CLOSED

(Read the Forum Rules)

How about you guys knock it off with the politics so the Mod Team doesn't have to work OT on this crap. We don't like it any more than the rest. We turn it off when here. You do the same. I don't want to have to see members here suspended over this.

- Admin.