Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

1911 mags for spartan

dqshooter

thanks for the good info. i am not planning on shotting this in compitition, its my new carry gun. i will n

more than likely order them from dawson, have't had any trouble with anything from them thus far. again thanks for the info, hope everyone has a great xmas and happy new year.

I use the Dawson's in competition. They are a little pricey, but WELL worth it. Definitely don't go cheap on the magazines for a 1911, that is a vital part of the gun. Just make sure you get the correct ones, as Dawson offers different models with different basepads.

its debatable with 9mm. I bought a 9mm trojan from dawson. I have 5 of his magazines with the no gap base pads one did not run reliably, i took it back and they exchanged it for one that runs flawlessly. That being said, all of my current mags from dawson run perfectly, but they usually cannot be unloaded by hand, they always feed through the gun. OAL doesn't affect them.

If i were to do it again, I would order the Tripps, they are my go to mags for SS major.

This may be an entirely different point of view but....I have found that the "cheapest" mags are the Wilson Combat or the Chip McCormick mags....they cost more but when you go to a match and the less expensive mags jam....you match goes down the tubes and all of the cost that goes into practice and getting to the match goes right down with it....so the more expensive but perfectly reliable mags seem to cost me much less in the long run.

If you are betting your life on the mags....it becomes even more important.

Just my two cents worth.

Tripp dosent show an officer sized mag for the 9mm which is the gun that's posted about. Your officer mags are not as common as the full size. For my full size I'm running Tripp for 10 rounds. For 9 rounds its the Springfield style with the groove in the front and the pre feed ramp. Both run perfect. For the officer the Springfield style works

This may be an entirely different point of view but....I have found that the "cheapest" mags are the Wilson Combat or the Chip McCormick mags....they cost more but when you go to a match and the less expensive mags jam....you match goes down the tubes and all of the cost that goes into practice and getting to the match goes right down with it....so the more expensive but perfectly reliable mags seem to cost me much less in the long run.

Just my two cents worth.

That's what I call ROI. A hard concept for alot of people to accept. I won't buy any cheap gear if their is a higher possibility that the gear will fail rendering all money spent up to that point useless.

Just my two cents worth.

That's what I call ROI. A hard concept for alot of people to accept. I won't buy any cheap gear if their is a higher possibility that the gear will fail rendering all money spent up to that point useless.

My point exactly....thanks