Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Holster Extenders

jhugz

Saw someone with some extensions to his bladetech holster for USPSA SS. Of course since the drop isn't allowed, all it does is move the gun out farther away from your body but maintains the 2'' rule. Is someone making a product like this or did he just rig it up at the local hardware store, wasn't able to ask.

Thanks,

-j

I would say he did it from parts at a hardware store. Shouldn't be that hard to do with some longer screws and spacers.

This is what I did. I bought some 3/4" nylon spacers and some longer screws to clear my fat side....

That may have been me, but I doubt I'm the only one who has made this mod.

I used semi-rigid 1/2" fuel hose from the local hardware store and longer screws. Other guys have used a block of wood with holes drilled to fit the mounting bracket.

The short is ~1" screws to replace the stock screws and 1/2" fuel hose cut to ~3/4" pieces as spacers. I'm home sick today so I'll try and get some pics.

I guess I'm missing something. This http://www.shootersc...Dfont-P114.aspx is legal for USPSA Single Stack of you remove the Drop Offset. You can use it with a two belt system.

With a one belt system, it's legal for IDPA.

Pretty simple.

I'm a bigger dude, and the farther the gun is away from my body, the faster my draw is. That's all I'm trying to do.

I spaced and canted. Longer spacers for the top two screws. (serpa). Then cut out the front (within rule limit). Now I can disable the button release for a fast draw at 'make ready' and enable it so that it doesn't flop out while running as an RO.

Sorry for the delay. Here are the pics of the extensions made with fuel hose and longer screws.

BT w/ gun

post-27251-0-76241600-1355290862_thumb.j

Side view

post-27251-0-61996600-1355290875_thumb.j

I did this first with the DAA holster

post-27251-0-20096500-1355290891_thumb.j

another view

post-27251-0-69007600-1355290902_thumb.j

I used fuel hose because that's what DAA used for their holster.

As you can see, the extensions add about an inch offset. Longer screws would provide more offset up to the legal limitation. Figure out how much offset you want/need get the screws, a foot worth of fuel hose and cut and fit until you have what you want. All in, it's less than $5 in parts.

post-41615-135577740322_thumb.jpgpost-41615-135577741705_thumb.jpgpost-41615-135577742884_thumb.jpgpost-41615-135577744207_thumb.jpgpost-41615-1355777452_thumb.jpg

Just figured I'd post in case someone else wanted to try and didn't want to have to do the legwork on sizing it.

1 Bladetech holster minus the DOH attachment

3 #8-32 x 1" screws

Clear tubing 1/4" x .170"

Cheers!

Yes I have seen a couple of top level MN guys doing this. I believe both Chris W and Jon H from MN have rigged up something similar. I can see how it would speed the draw for a lot of folks with "unusual" body types.

:roflol: he just called everyone here fat.