Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

So USPSA tactical

The proposed rules have no limitation on capacity after the buzzer. 8+1 at the start. The next BOD meeting is December 8, one week from today, in which I sure hope they vote the new ruleset to be approved.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

So you can pick up the gun after the buzzer and add rounds if the gun holds it? I have heard both ways last year seemed up to the match dirrector.

Can someone answer this?
In USPSA: always (since 2013) - just maximum of nine at the start

Most rule sets allow this, but not all

what may seem silly to you is rooted into the history of 3gun from as far back as the 1980s...and makes perfect sense to most of us. It used to be that the shotgun could hold no more than 8 in the tube. recent pressure from the vocal ones caused most matches to go to the 8 or 9 at start, no max after the start. But there are a few still hanging in there with the max of 8 in the tube rule.

if you are having trouble with accepting the different rules sets at different matches, then Open division is the one for you...

:D

jj

It seems silly because why would you not have a limit on round count for the purposes of limiting the equipment race. Buy a 10 shoot tube and only load 8 in it then just load the rest. Seems silly. Why even limit the initial round count in the gun to begin with!?!?

Edited by Shawn Knight

The difference is that any rounds after the 8+1 have to be loaded ON the clock. Loading rounds 10-12 after the buzzer is deemed no different from a competitive standpoint than shooting the tube down to 6 and then loading rounds 7-9 on the clock. In fact, for proper function, the heavier spring tension in a longer tube can hinder loading those last few rounds and is rarely worth it for me to have such a front-heavy gun that is difficult to maneuver around props.

-Bill