Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CAI-imported Grand Power K-100..?

ck1

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im trying out lighter hammer springs. So far da pull is a lot lighter and sets off federal primers no problem. Will try to find some tula to test. Ill report back with spring brand and weights when im confident enough in them.

I just threw a 13 lb hammer spring from an EAA Witness into my K100 - I'll see what primers it'll set off on Tuesday (I've got rounds loaded with Tula and Federal primers.)

As to the K100 blowing up - are there not examples of every make of gun having a blowup? Obviously when you see something like that it is concerning...but the gun has been around a while now and I imagine if this was a problem we'd know about more incidences of it...

Im trying out lighter hammer springs. So far da pull is a lot lighter and sets off federal primers no problem. Will try to find some tula to test. Ill report back with spring brand and weights when im confident enough in them.

I just threw a 13 lb hammer spring from an EAA Witness into my K100 - I'll see what primers it'll set off on Tuesday (I've got rounds loaded with Tula and Federal primers.)As to the K100 blowing up - are there not examples of every make of gun having a blowup? Obviously when you see something like that it is concerning...but the gun has been around a while now and I imagine if this was a problem we'd know about more incidences of it...

Great minds think alike ;)

Feds ignite, tula ? I. Gonna get some from a friend and test as well

I have played with springing as well. I would say that a lighter recoil spring actually helps with competition, close to PF floor, loads, as otherwise the pistol tends to stove pipe a bit.

On the other hand: you are increasing the stress on the hammer. You are at risk of a hammer fracture.

ASK ME HOW I KNOW.

I have played with springing as well. I would say that a lighter recoil spring actually helps with competition, close to PF floor, loads, as otherwise the pistol tends to stove pipe a bit.

On the other hand: you are increasing the stress on the hammer. You are at risk of a hammer fracture.

ASK ME HOW I KNOW.

I don't know about e-mishka, but I haven't messed with the recoil spring yet...only the trigger spring. Not sure I will mess with the recoil spring - I haven't shot a gun that returns to the target as well as this K100, so I may never mess with the recoil spring.

ASK ME HOW I KNOW.

I don't know about e-mishka, but I haven't messed with the recoil spring yet...only the trigger spring. Not sure I will mess with the recoil spring - I haven't shot a gun that returns to the target as well as this K100, so I may never mess with the recoil spring.

Wait until you get the X-Cal. It feels like a K100 with a compensator.

ASK ME HOW I KNOW.

Wait until you get the X-Cal. It feels like a K100 with a compensator.

You're probably talking about a division outside of Production, right? And if so, we'd be needing .40's and mags that could hold 20+1...

I didn't shorten the 13# spring...as long as the spring doesn't get into coil bind (coils hitting coils when compressed, which doesn't happen in this case,) I don't know what you get out of a shorter spring...I don't think these springs are progressive rate (i.e., don't get stronger as they compress...)

I didn't shorten the 13# spring...as long as the spring doesn't get into coil bind (coils hitting coils when compressed, which doesn't happen in this case,) I don't know what you get out of a shorter spring...I don't think these springs are progressive rate (i.e., don't get stronger as they compress...)

my fault, i was speaking of the recoil spring shortening

as promised i grab my 11# spring i bought to use in my Mp and G34. for whatever reason when I got it, it was quite a bit shorter than the OEM Glock or SW.

So i tried it uncut to see if it would go on the k100. went right in with no problems. slide has full travel. going by feel, the 11# did not feel much different than the stock one. I will try to get tot the range this weekend and swap them around and see what happens

top is the 11#. bottom stock

k100spring_zpscd663a8a.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I don't have an easy access to a chronograph and I just switched to Clays Universal so if anyone has chronoed the loads with Berry's plated 124gr bullets, please do share.

You guys who experiment with the hammer spring -- any chance you could measure the difference in DA/SA with the trigger gauge?

PS. I do have a problem chambering reloads as well -- my X-Trim is sensitive to the cases not being resized full-length and being a bit thicker towards the bottom. My GP6C was the same with both barrels (I've had a 4.25" and 5" barrels for it).

PPS. Regarding the holsters -- I've had no major problems (besides loosening some screws) fitting my X-Trim into Blade-Tech GP6 holster, but the LHS X-Calibur holster I have received very recently works better. It would also fit X-Calibur when I get it.

I don't have an easy access to a chronograph and I just switched to Clays Universal so if anyone has chronoed the loads with Berry's plated 124gr bullets, please do share.

You guys who experiment with the hammer spring -- any chance you could measure the difference in DA/SA with the trigger gauge?

PS. I do have a problem chambering reloads as well -- my X-Trim is sensitive to the cases not being resized full-length and being a bit thicker towards the bottom. My GP6C was the same with both barrels (I've had a 4.25" and 5" barrels for it).

PPS. Regarding the holsters -- I've had no major problems (besides loosening some screws) fitting my X-Trim into Blade-Tech GP6 holster, but the LHS X-Calibur holster I have received very recently works better. It would also fit X-Calibur when I get it.

With Clays Universal, I'd start at 4.2 gr at 1.145 and work up if needed.

Invest in a chrony. They are barely over $100 and worth their weight in gold.

I pre-process my brass and never run into a fat round at the wrong time.

Glad you like the LHS Holster. I can't wait until I get the new mag pouches in.