Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CAI-imported Grand Power K-100..?

ck1

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How much difference do you think there is between the K100 and the X-Calibur sear, hammer. and spring set up Dave?

There is a ton of difference. I'll be honest, as much as I love the X-Caliber hammer group, I know that there are some who will not like it at all.

Fortunately, those folks will be able to install the standard hammer group.

The K100 has a very shorty, crisp, and relatively light trigger pull in SA with a very short reset and modest rest point right out of the box. I used to say that it comes from the factory just like you hope your high end 1911 will be after a trip to the gunsmith.

To try and improve on that trigger while still staying safe, Grand Power changed the pivot point of the sear and the hammer hooks.

They dropped the SA weight out of the box with new springs from 3.5# down to 2.75#.

The trade off is there is greater sear movement and reset distance.

The SA pull in the X-Calibur feels like the last 1/8th inch of trigger travel in the slickest DA revolver you can imagine, with that surprise break at the end.

The reset is the full travel back to the rest position, which is still just as short as the original system.

Guys that like to slap the trigger will hate the X-Calibur system. If you have, or need to relearn good smooth trigger control, the X-Calibur rewards you for the effort.

Here is a side by side of the two systems. There is no half cock or firing pin safety on the X-Cal.

DSCF1554.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

The new Sport Serrated trigger might help a little.

The position and type or trigger return spring is changed.

It still lifts the trigger bow perfectly but I suspect it may drop the trigger weight a little.

Where can we get it in the states?