Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Progressive Machine & Tool Titanium Carrier

DaveTimm

Hey guys,

I just came across a progressive machine and tool (pmt) titanium bolt carrier. Yeah I know its super light and now they are rare as they are out of business but I'm looking for some real info about it.

Are they worth using, does the light carrier really reduce felt recoil or is there more. I'm guessing the gas system may need to be tuned or reduced but am curious about people who have shot this carrier or something like it. I'm guessing the closest thing is the JP low mass? Also how do these hold up, would there be any concerns with wear and durability with titanium?

Also what is this worth if I decide to sell it. I've seen some posts but they are all old. Seem have asked 200 and saw one ad for 500, not sure what he actually got but it sold or was at least marked sold.

Thanks guys and look forward to hearing form you and learning more about what this is.

Edited by bluepythons

Thanks for the info. I already have a comp rifle so I'm not sure if ill use this for a future build or not. It is interesting to me though as it seems like a rare item.

Any recommendations on what it's worth or what the market demand is for it?

Love it with a lightened buffer. Bad side is they only lasted about 3000 rds and when they stop they STOP.

True, so True!!! I changed gas rings in my & it started working again, then stopped after about 500 rds again. Now it sits in my drawer.

Love it with a lightened buffer. Bad side is they only lasted about 3000 rds and when they stop they STOP.

True, so True!!! I changed gas rings in my & it started working again, then stopped after about 500 rds again. Now it sits in my drawer.

Interested in selling the worn-out one? I have a off the wall piston project that could use one.