Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What Basepads And spring/followers for STI mags

gmg

I just entered the Limited world and had to buy a couple of mags. I ordered 2 from DP but they only hold 18rds. I was going to get Gramm guts but do not know whch ones to get. They have 11 or 13 coil springs and diff. size basepads. Can ya'll help me with my needs? This is for .40 cal.

11 coil for the 140mm mags. Not sure on the Grams basepads as I run Dawson +1 or Dawson SNL base pads. I get a reloadable 20 in my mags, but you will probably need to tune the follower to not lockback with one rnd remaining in the mag. Easy enough to do with a hand file or dremel.

http://www.shootersconnectionstore.com/Grams-SpringFollower-Kit-11-Coil-P384.aspx

I never cared for grams pads, Go for the Dawson SNL pads and the dawson followers which can use the springs you have with a single cut, the template comes wit the followers. Generally you will get 19 reloadable 20+1 to start,

I use Dawson SNL or Bolan, basepads, about even. Springs and followers - Bolans, or the new SVI aluminum followers are about even. I am using all SVI followers in my mags, and get the same as I did with Bolans. I get 19 reloadable, 20+1 for all the rest, except one older SVI mag that I can get 21+1 to start.

Mark K

Bolen followers generally are not going to work in un-tuned STI tubes. Inserting the 19th or 20th round will cause the follower to flip over. Stick with Grams followers (with 11 coil springs) unless you plan to pursue tuning. Resist the temptation to cut springs to gain an extra round.

Bolen followers generally are not going to work in un-tuned STI tubes. Inserting the 19th or 20th round will cause the follower to flip over. Stick with Grams followers (with 11 coil springs) unless you plan to pursue tuning. Resist the temptation to cut springs to gain an extra round.

wha what basebands do

grams 11 coil spring/follower. I'm using grams 4mm basepads for now since I could get them cheaper than dawson. Keep in mind the 4mm are approaching the size limit and if you don't want to be on the ragged edge (meaning you "might have to do a little filing to make the gague) get the 3mm.

Send your mags to Taran Butler he will replace the followers, springs and put his base pads on them. (Taran Tactical Innovations)

Almost every GM on the supersquad at Nationals use them. They are on my mags. They work great.