Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Trigger binding

Pete Whyte

My 625 trigger starts to bind after shooting 15-20 rds. It will start smooth,then halfway through,it starts to bind.As I pull through it gets smooth again & fires. I'm also getting missfires,maybe 1 in 15 shots. I measured the barrel to cylinder gap. It is .006 .When I push the cylinder foward I can't get any thing between. Any help? Pete

If I understand the staement, When you push the cylinder foward you can not get a feeler gauge in it? Meaning your BG is too small. If that is the case then shims (cylinder bearings) are needed, or stretching your crane. Other culprits are debris under your extractor, bent extractor rod, high primers, Bent mooncllips and the list goes on. I am of course just guessing. good luck later rdd

Sounds like you have excess cylinder endshake; the loose fit of the cylinder is allowing it to drag on the rear of the barrel.

Have a qualified gunsmith eliminate the endshake and go thru the gun to make sure it is in factory spec.

A good article about endshake can be found here:

http://www.grantcunningham.com/blog_files/3209f130b2430cae4129a3f52ac0d2d5-127.html

-pat

Sounds like you have excess cylinder endshake; the loose fit of the cylinder is allowing it to drag on the rear of the barrel.

Have a qualified gunsmith eliminate the endshake and go thru the gun to make sure it is in factory spec.

A good article about endshake can be found here:

http://www.grantcunn...c0d2d5-127.html

-pat

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8d15PwZbeoI

I concur with trying Power Custom endshake bearings as a start. Try throwing in two of the PC-2 0.002" bearings. Be careful not to bend the extractor rod unscrewing and retightening it. The Power Cusom Universal Extractor rod wrench makes this pretty hard to mess up. I ended up getting one because I had to unscrew an extractor rod on a pre-war Smith with the knob on the end on the extractor rod, which precluded use of a drill chuck, but I'd recommend one if you're a tinkerer.

John M.

The Power endshake bearings work great, and there's not much qualified gunsmithing to installing them. You just have to be a little careful with the threads when reassembling the extractor, that's all.

I'm with Mike, plus they make a tool to clean up the end of the yoke that contacts the endshake bearing. Should make the cylinder spin real nice after. Also, check your cylinder face after it gets dirty, if the crud has scuff marks in it you know it's the barrel rubbing against the cylinder face.