Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

3 Gun Ammo Choice for .308

GregSmith

DPMS guns in my experience run with tighter chambers and that does not mix well with steel cased ammo. I have yet to see Steel cases work in a DPMS gun. Perhaps others have had better luck. If you have your chamber reamed a bit it should help.

Pat

How is that going to prevent the round from firing even when it shows a good dent in the primer. All fire the second time through. I do not believe it is a chamber issue. They also do not work 100% in my RRA LAR-8 but are closer to 90% but it has a CMC trigger unit in it which is what I was blaming until I shot some through the DPMS.

My bad did not read your post well enough.

Pat

I run a lightened hammer with the strongest hammer spring I can find and have only had 6 hornady rds not go off out of about 2500. Bad news is it was in the larue match last year and cost me big time in the overall. Since it been 100% .

After I received my LRP-07, I talked to John Paul and he told me that his HM load was a 110gr Vmax with H335 powder. I am going to load up some of his recipe and see how they run for next season.

After I received my LRP-07, I talked to John Paul and he told me that his HM load was a 110gr Vmax with H335 powder. I am going to load up some of his recipe and see how they run for next season.

At what FPS?

At what FPS?

I'm getting 3070fps out of a 18" barrel.

At what FPS?

What are you guys starting out with for grains of H335 (I know the standard of reloading ie start small, ymmv, etc) just curious as I've never used that powder and most manuals aren't based on 18" barreled gas guns.

At what FPS?

Out of which end, Joe? :surprise: