Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Frustrated Holster customer

tanner's owner

I have had a holster, belt and mag pouch on order from Wild Bills since April and have been told they are having supplier problems. Has anyone else had this problem with Wild Bills or any other maufactuer?

He has not replied to my last 2 emails and was forced to call him. :grumble:

Each time I was told my holster was being worked on, and they had personnel turnover challenges as well as bullhide supplier problem. :barf: :rolleyes:

I am getting concerned that I may be in for a very difficult period with this company- I ordered it on line and my credit card was charged immediately. Has this happened to anyone else with this or other firms? If so what was your remedy?

Know not all firms have same problem- I ordered and recieved a very nice holster from Rafter-S leather works within 3 weeks.

Well, companies shouldn't charge your cc until they actually ship the goods out. If they know the item is backordered, then they should tell you. Otherwise, they get to use your money for free for a while, at your expense. As for what happens if you want to get your money back, you can either 1) ask the company for a refund or 2) contact your cc company and dispute the charges (most require that disputes be made within 2-3 months). You might want to ask the company to reverse the charges on your cc and if you still want the holster, offer to send them a deposit of 50%.

As for other companies charging the cc knowing the goods were on perpetual backorder, Botach is notorious for doing that.

Well, here's my experience with "Wild Bill"...

I ordered a Speedster holster for an STI Edge to use for three gun. Told it was no problem with about 8-10 week turn around (that was in May of 2003). Around August, I received a holster made from a single layer of leather (Speedster is supposed to be double layer) that in no earthly way would fit my STI. So I sent it back after talking to Bill who said it was his mistake for letting one of his guys do it unsupervised. About November I receive another holster. This one is made very well, but the whole front of the holster has been cut away and two plastic cross members have been used for the front. Boy is it HELL on fiber optic sights...and that was just testing the insertion/extraction of the gun.

I contact Bill again and ask for my money back as it obviously isn't working out. He asked if I would be interested in another product that he would personally make and ship ASAP, belts, another holster, etc. I told him I could use a holster for either a 4 inch L frame with lug or a 5 inch N frame with lug. No problem, he said. I can have both, no charge!

So, I wait. And wait. January 2004. March 2004. I drop him an email and he says leather has been cut out and they are laying on the bench. About another two or three weeks since he is backlogged over 100 holsters. June 2004. August 2004. Still nothing!

So, my advice...take your business elsewhere! If there is anyone on this forum that knows Bill (and where he lives), I am entertaining bids on someone going over to his place and kicking a couple of holsters out of his royal arse!!!

Marv

PS. He charges your CC once the leather has been cut (so he says). :angry:

• 4 weeks later...

Well I finally recieved my holster, belt and mag pouch from Wild Bills- am not impressed. Not only did it take 5+ months but the quality was less than what is displayed on his website. His customer service in responding to emails and phone calls is dismal. If I were asked to recommend Wild Bill's- I would unhestitatingly NOT Recommend him and advocate folks spend their hard earned cash with a holster maker who wants return business. Wild Bill has lost this customer for good as well as all who I can influence.

Well I finally recieved my holster, belt and mag pouch from Wild Bills- am not impressed. Not only did it take 5+ months but the quality was less than what is displayed on his website. His customer service in responding to emails and phone calls is dismal. If I were asked to recommend Wild Bill's- I would unhestitatingly NOT Recommend him and advocate folks spend their hard earned cash with a holster maker who wants return business. Wild Bill has lost this customer for good as well as all who I can influence.

If I were asked to recommend Wild Bill's- I would unhestitatingly NOT Recommend him and advocate folks spend their hard earned cash with a holster maker who wants return business. Wild Bill has lost this customer for good as well as all who I can influence.

I sent Wild Bill a reminder that it has been a year and a half since I placed my holster order. No response!

So I did a little checking and he has a file at the BBB of North Carolina. Not good stuff! So I sent him a plan of action I am taking to make sure he doesn't burn anyone else. Still no response!

Will I ever get the holsters I was promised? Probably not.

Will I ever recommend him to anyone? Probably not!

Marv