Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Gen 4 Glock 34 Trigger

rjstubbl

I have been shooting a gen 3 glock 34 for the last year. I changed some of the springs, connector, overtravel stop and polished the internals. The pretravel is very smooth and easy and the break is crisp.

Here is my problem. I just picked up a Gen 4 G34 and I installed the same parts and also polished the internals. However, the trigger is not nearly as good as my gen 3. The pretravel is harder and it just doesn't feel the same. I installed the trigger bar out of my gen 3 and it helped somewhat. The break isn't bad but still isn't as good as my gen 3.

What would be causing the difference?

Thanks

I had the same issue and ended up bringing it to my gunsmith. He said the trigger bar is slightly different from the gen3, along with other parts not exactly in the same position. I am not sure what that means, but my gen3 had a good trigger and the 4 sucked after the parts switch. After he worked on it, the trigger is far better then on the gen3.I now see why I hate messing with my stuff. I rec finding a gunsmith and doing what I did. If you do figure it out, please let us know,as I am sure its not just us.

Connector sits at a different angle due to the redesigned block that allows for the smaller gen4 grip.

Yup, as said, the Gen4 ejector housing changes the connector angle: a "dot" connector in a Gen3 feels about a half-pound (or more) lighter than the stock 5.5lb connector. Glock currently does not offer a connector that will make a Gen4 trigger the same as a Gen3 gun with a 4.5 (used to be called 3.5) connector installed.

I bought a G34 Gen4 a few months ago. I've been very happy with it.

But the trigger was rough and 'gritty' feeling. I started with a meticulous "25 cent trigger polish". Took me two or three attempts to get it somewhat smooth. But it was still kinda rough. So I started looking very closely, even with magnifying glass, at all the moving parts and contact points. I discovered that there was some deburring that also had to be done. I used 1500 grit wet/dry sandpaper (on a popsicle stick) for the deburring. I deburred just enough to get rid of any sharp edges that might have the potential to grind against other parts. For me, it was the careful deburring that really smoothed the trigger out.

I eventually installed a 3.5 lb trigger kit and now my trigger is smoooooth and sweet. Really a pleasure to shoot....

There are some caveats here. If you install 3.5 lb trigger kit, and have internal trigger parts with rough edges that are sticking or binding, then unsafe operating conditions may ensue.

JMHO, of course. Make all mods at own risk.

Good luck

I've found the Gen4 trigger bar is better and smoother because it keeps the trigger bar aligned along its travel. The Gen3 will twist and move at the rear of the travel causing some roughness. Factory the Gen4 is a little rougher to start, but after stoning the burrs off contact surfaces then a good polish I prefer the Gen4 trigger bar. I stone and polish the parts then adjust the weight and tension of the trigger with the springs.

This is what I did, ordered parts for a gen3, then just used my existing ejector housing and put the parts together

Simple easy, cheap fix!

The gen 4 trigger bar is different. The easiest way is to order a gen 3 trigger bar and put in it along with all the springs and different connector. Even then it is still a little rougher. After about 2000 rounds through it, it's as smooth as can be.

My Gen4 G17 was 6.5lb out of the box. Good reset and crisp.... but a little heavy. Installed Gen3 trigger/trigger bar, Ghost 3.5 connector, 6lb trigger return spring, and polished.

4.75lb now. A little spongie and not as good of a reset but doable.... Best I can do.

Good luck