Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Falling In Love With Safe Queen

JimmyZip

Well,

A friend of mine wants to buy my S&W 1006. The trigger is crappy on this gun, but, I thought I'd take it out and see how it shoots, and make sure all the mags run etc. We took some serious construction lights to the range last night and just lit the place up. You could see your sights, and the targets over three bays. I ran the gun through its paces, easily hitting a 4" square plate at 30yds. Just crazy how accurate this gun actually is. The other thing is that it definitely has the intimidation factor going for it. I ran 300 rounds of ammo through it without a hiccup. While not as fast as my CZ TS or my G17, it still is a really good home defense gun. And it is so heavy, that if you ran out of ammo, you could just club your foe to death!

Aaaarrrgh! Decisions, decisions.......

I feel your pain. I have a few that don't earn their keep. Everytime I get them out and wipe them down to take pics I end up dry firing them some and decide to keep them around. I have managed to trade some for others I don't use. Now I have guns I don't shoot and guns that I didn't shoot but want back.

The only ones I don't regret are the ARs. They make them every day and none are special to me.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a beretta 92FS Billenium that I have tossed around selling back and forth a few times.

Cant seem to part with it. It was the first pistol I bought when I turned 18 (or was it 21?) I got it for a steal and they only made 2000 of them. Not that I plan for it to pay my retirement but it looks nice nestled into the bottom of the safe in its case.

Regretted every sale ever made!

And you never will forget that regret.

I remember every gun I've sold and I have a lot of safe queens that need to go at some point, but will hold off as long as possible.

The spouse and both siblings have zero interest in guns or shooting and if they stay in the safe until I'm gone, some cheating sleaze bag will get a super deal at their expense. Kind of a Catch 22.

Years ago a friend gave me a list of guns his deceased uncle had collected. They wanted a second opinion as to their worth. The gun dealer he bought them from was offering them "top dollar". The one I remember most was an artillery Luger in excellent condition. The dealer offered them $175 because "nobody wants 9mm anymore. Now they want 45's".

Bill