Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

XDM 9mm competition

gunner40sw

• 2 weeks later...

I recently had Rich at Canyon Creek do a 2# trigger on my XDM and I love it. Honestly I was not to happy with the gun or the trigger until I got it back from Rich. I can't believe the difference the trigger job has made. It use to shoot low left for me and that now totally went away. I have let a few people shoot it and a few others dry fire it and they were also amazed.

Better trigger and some load development, Mine shoots under 3" at fifty yards. To me it seemed that length was a major thing in better groups.

I had the same experience with OAL. 1.135 sucked. 1.150 to 1.155 was way more accurate. 147 grain MG CMJ with Titegroup grouped high left and wild! My most accurate load for my XDM 9 is 124 Grain MG CMJ with 4.2 grains VV N320 @ 1.155.

Springer Precision did my 3lb trigger job perfectly.

Edited by Red Ryder

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I called Powder River last Monday for a full blown 5.25 in 9mm and they called me Friday and told me it was ready to ship. If there is a problem with accuracy I bet it will have more the operator than the pistol if its like the 40 they did for me.

Trigger. In-house trigger job if you can afford it. After being spoiled by a Scott Springer 34oz trigger on my friend's XDm, I picked up an out-of-the-box XDm 5.25 and (best guess) it broke at 6 or 7 pounds.

New gun store (loaded with Springfield Armory gear) about 3 minutes from my house. Hmmm - do I need a new M1A just like the M14 i carried in the Navy? Probably not. Want one? Yes.

• 1 month later...

Better trigger and some load development, Mine shoots under 3" at fifty yards. To me it seemed that length was a major thing in better groups.

Would you mind telling us your load data for a round that will do 3 inches at 50 yards. That is something I would like to see.

zdog

• 2 weeks later...

I have a new 5.25 9mm XDM and I love it but I was just wondering if there is anything I can do to make it a tack driver like my custom built STI pistols

Check my topic on this board about XDm barrel lock up mystery. There was an attachment on the email I received from Springfield that listed their prices to install a match barrel or refit your existing barrel for better accuracy. I am not happy with the accuracy on my 5.25 9mm.

zdog

I have a new 5.25 9mm XDM and I love it but I was just wondering if there is anything I can do to make it a tack driver like my custom built STI pistols

Check my topic on this board about XDm barrel lock up mystery. There was an attachment on the email I received from Springfield that listed their prices to install a match barrel or refit your existing barrel for better accuracy. I am not happy with the accuracy on my 5.25 9mm.

zdog

Me either...but my .45 is incredibly accurate

I had the same experience with OAL. 1.135 sucked. 1.150 to 1.155 was way more accurate. 147 grain MG CMJ with Titegroup grouped high left and wild! My most accurate load for my XDM 9 is 124 Grain MG CMJ with 4.2 grains VV N320 @ 1.155.

Springer Precision did my 3lb trigger job perfectly.

Thanks for this I am just going to start reloading and was looking for an accurate load for my 5.25 I will give this a try.