Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

The Cowtown Classic 2013

This is the match to shoot.

A very challenging match. Not for the faint of heart, in my opinion. Had lots of fun, Squad 9 got thinned out but we were taping and reseting stages like a machine. Awesome squad!

The ROs/Staff are all very professional. Ken and Steve did an awesome job!

Big thanks to Cross Timbers Action Shooting for hosting the match. This facility is excellent they even made the sun rise where it supposed to and temperature set at 60-70 degrees!

Will definitely be back next year!

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This was my first match to RO, and man what a great experience it was. Our stage (stage 4) was challenging, but I learned a great deal watching all levels of shooters negotiate it. If anyone has any feedback for me or the other ROs on that stage I would love it if you would PM me.

From a shooter's perspective, the stages presented a lot of variety in terms of shooting challenges and of course the facility is exellent.

Thanks again to Steve Speer, Ken Cobb, Brian Ehrler, Larry Zoppi, Dorothy Goodwin, Yancy Goodwin, the stage set-up crew, and everyone else who worked this match.

Cowtown Classic is definately one for the books. Great job Steve, Ken and all the Staff. I certainly enjoyed Shooting and ROing this match. Thank you to all the competitors as well. Everyone was friendly and pleasant. Looking forward to this one next year. Awesome range and a great benefactor for her efforts in making a great range.

Like Andy, This was my first time as an RO at a large match. Having Fred on Stage 6 with me kept my wits at bay. To all of the competitors, Thanks for coming and thanks for being such a great group of folks to be associated with. A big thanks goes out to all of the Sponsors and for them having the faith to put their brand up on such a great match. I think that we may be able to bring on Ben Gay or Sportscream next year! Steve, What can I say, The Villainous Schoolmaster at work...Righteous stages. CTASA for all of the hard work and logistics. And last but not least, Ken C. From what I understand, Instead of rolling around the range on your Mule, You'll be Horseback dressed up as Wyatt Earp. Really looking forward to that. Hopefully, You'll have given Brandon back his Socks by then!

Mike

Steve and Ken,

Thank you for putting a match together that was really different.
We had a great time, fun squad and you ordered perfect shooting weather for the weekend.
Stages and staff were excellent. I will be back next year!

Roman

P.S. Hats off to the young lady on our squad who got DQ'd early on but stayed through the rest of the match to help set steel and tape. That was classy!

edited coz still working on writing good

Edited by Team Amish 1

• 2 weeks later...