Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Be Careful When You Are Using the Dropping Dueces Loading Method

Thanks for sharing the video but what exactly is "Dropping Dueces Loading Method"?

I search here and You-Tube but couldn't find anything helpful.

Thanks again,

Steve

"Red-Necktical" for the load-two method. :D

Edited by kampr

Thanks for sharing the video but what exactly is "Dropping Dueces Loading Method"?

I search here and You-Tube but couldn't find anything helpful.

Thanks again,

Steve

I did some quick home video last year rite after I got the 'Twins' system from Carbon Arms = I have about three short videos and some match video

Jamie

I have some on youtube as AlamoShooter = But I load left hand , not the same way that James and Jesse can burn them into the gun with the Right hand.

Edited by AlamoShooter

Not sure Stag wants to be associated with a negligent discharge! :blink:

As someone who was standing at the rear of the bay watching Jesse during that incident I'll say I never felt there was an unsafe moment in any of Jesse's shooting...that says a lot for someone who can shoot as fast as Jesse. After he self-DQ'd and put his guns in his vehicle he came over to every shooter in our squad and shook our hands to tell us how he enjoyed shooting with us. Then he hit the road for a 4+ hour drive to shoot a zombie match. As someone shooting my second 3-gun match I thought that showed a lot of class. I think Stag is well aware of the type of shooter they are associated with and have no regrets.

Jason

Not sure Stag wants to be associated with a negligent discharge! :blink:

As someone who was standing at the rear of the bay watching Jesse during that incident I'll say I never felt there was an unsafe moment in any of Jesse's shooting...that says a lot for someone who can shoot as fast as Jesse. After he self-DQ'd and put his guns in his vehicle he came over to every shooter in our squad and shook our hands to tell us how he enjoyed shooting with us. Then he hit the road for a 4+ hour drive to shoot a zombie match. As someone shooting my second 3-gun match I thought that showed a lot of class. I think Stag is well aware of the type of shooter they are associated with and have no regrets.

Jason

Thanks Jason,

Check is in the mail!

• 2 weeks later...

I had an AD this past weekend while loading my shotgun. I thought I share my experience as this is the third time I have seen it happen in a match. Be careful ladies and gents. The AD is at the end of the video. I loaded the gun and when I went to roll it back over my ring finger got in the trigger guard and BOOM!

During last match I had a AD (DQ) on same reason - when I rolled shotgun back, my ring finger dot in to the trigger guard and pulled the trigger.

That was part of the reason I stopped trying to load that way, I had the same thing happen getting my ring finger in the trigger guard.

Though with mine I don't think anyone noticed because the gun was up by my shoulder all the way right side up by then and I hit and knocked down the target I was pointing at. :surprise: I just looked fast. :D

Or maybe it was just one of those perfect zen shots. "It shoots." ;)

Edited by cas

Jesse,

1 thank you for sharing this, again says a lot about your character and I for one think that sharing a teachable moment is always honorable.

2 for the sponsor comment, come on that's BS. Jesse is an ambassador of the sport. It's been said by virtually everyone either you will DQ or you have in this sport. If no one gets hurt we can all learn on DQs. Again thanks Jesse, I'd squad with you anytime.

I just started the load two this year, I use the over the should method as well. I like the technique and for me its been faster but now ill take a closer look at how I do it. I never put much thought into the re gripping as it always just happens.

Thanks again for sharing

I think Jesse showed a lot of integrity by stopping and unloading immediately after the AD instead of continuing to shoot the course and making the RO stop him.

+1

Never met Mr T but I've never heard a bad thing about him. Takes a lot of "Testicular Fortitude" to man up and say "I screwed up" without someone else saying it first. And like he said, it happens to the best of us.

• 3 weeks later...

From what I have read the easly solution to prevent this from happening is to get a divorce, that way you will not be wearing the ring in the first place and can pawn it for more practice ammo......and you can pick up girls in bars again without feeling guilty....

Whats not to like ?

• 1 month later...

Thanks for posting that Jesse. I think if you stay in sport long enough there are two kinds of shooters. Those that have DQ'd and those that will. Everyone competetive is pushing for an edge for a half a match point for a higher spot and one day it will happen to them. You showed and excellent example of how to handle the situation.