Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Be Careful When You Are Using the Dropping Dueces Loading Method

I had an AD this past weekend while loading my shotgun. I thought I share my experience as this is the third time I have seen it happen in a match. Be careful ladies and gents. The AD is at the end of the video. I loaded the gun and when I went to roll it back over my ring finger got in the trigger guard and BOOM!

I had an AD this past weekend while loading my shotgun. I thought I share my experience as this is the third time I have seen it happen in a match. Be careful ladies and gents. The AD is at the end of the video. I loaded the gun and when I went to roll it back over my ring finger got in the trigger guard and BOOM!

The cause was the gyroscopic progression of the overly long mag tube out front.... :surprise:

Sorry to see that happen, but thanks for sharing!

I have seen this at least 15 times over the years. Any shotgun loading system that changes the strong hand grip on the stock is prone to an errant finger ADing the trigger as you remount the gun.. I have seen it with the twist, armband loading, slide etc. And of course the "New" dual and quad systems. Great reminder Jesse and big huevos for posting it.

Edited by kurtm

My dumb a$$ somehow associated my old channel with a bogus gmail account and when I deleted the gmail account the old JTischauser YouTube went with it. I'm in the long slow process of up loading all the old videos for everyone to laugh at.

Make sure you don't forget the "scooter" match. :roflol:

Not sure Stag wants to be associated with a negligent discharge! :blink:

We are all human and make mistakes. If you have been shooting for a while you will eventually have a ND. As long as you can learn from it and you were obeying the other safety rules all is fine. I like how Jessie admitted immediately he messed up. There was not crying just a man who knew he made a mistake. That is something any sponsor should be glad to have. Lots of people out there don't like to admit when they messed up it takes a good person to own up to their mistakes.

Pat

The muzzle never left a safe direction. What more can you ask for? Don't have an accident? If every shooter that's AD lost their sponsors there wouldn't be too many sponsored shooters out there.

Edited by Jesse Tischauser

I have seen this at least 15 times over the years. Any shotgun loading system that changes the strong hand grip on the stock is prone to an errant finger ADing the trigger as you remount the gun.. I have seen it with the twist, armband loading, slide etc. And of course the "New" dual and quad systems. Great reminder Jesse and big huevos for posting it.

Kurt is spot on. Had this happen in practice once...loading with a tec loader, turned the gun over to grab the stock and BANG! Amazing how much a 12 gauge kicks when you don't have it shouldered. :wub:

Edited by outerlimits

Jesse, go edit a bit more.....muzzle never left an UNSAFE direction sounds a bit...well...unsafe. I am sure you mean the muzzle never left a SAFE direction. On the cell or I would smiley face the craps out of this. Good post amigo.

Thanks for sharing Jesse. Have nothing but respect for someone who shares both their victory's and difficult moments. I'm sure your sponsor is very proud of the way you handled the situation and the positive example you are.

Tar

Edited by Sleepswithdogs

Sorry, I don't see a single thing negligent about that discharge. I see safe gun handling and an accidental discharge. If it hasn't happened to you, it will and I hope you handle it as well as Jesse has.

Tar

I hear if you put a vortex scope on that shotgun it won't go off like that when you don't want it to.

So a year or so back I had a great run on a shotgun stage. And just so happen that Scott Parks was shooting with me on that squad.

As I walk off the stage to the amazement of the squad that I actually had a good stage , I said. "I Love That Vortex Optics"! loud enough for the other squads to hear. Scott Said Shuuss, Shuss! "I going to have calls next week people wanting front sights for shotguns"!

:roflol: I thought it was kinda funny. He said "you have no Idea what kinda calls I get"

Edited by AlamoShooter