Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

para p14 ok to load at less rounds

ramairthree

And use fo single stack class? Is it actually the grip size that is the intent, or how many rounds you load in a mag.

My son has been shooting production since last winter and wants to try .45.

I said he could at the year mark.

My only 45 is a stock p14.

If he only loaded 8 rounds per mag could he enter single stack class? I have seen people use the long ten round mags In SS but just load them to 8.

Limited 10 or limited does not sound like the place for a stock gun.

Or maybe this should be an excuse to upgrade to a limited 45.

Having been a club president at a local club for 5 years, I'd have let a junior shoot it with 8 rounds and not sent the score into hqs. Best thing to do is check with local club officials and see what they say. We need more shooters in our sport and it behooves us to help new shooters anyway we can, keeping safety foremost in all endeavors, of course.

P14 is a great gun for Lim10, and OK for Limited.

It does not meet the rules for Singlestack.

Ignoring the division requirements is a poor first lesson in competition.

I understand the intent, but agree that declaring a division that one does not qualify for is not a good lesson in sportsmanship. It would be like saying "i want to shoot limited, but only have an open gun. So i will only use 140mm magazines to make it even". Not the same thing, but in the same spirit. Let your son shoot L-10.

Add another vote for declaring L10. If your boy wants to shoot .45, this would be a fine division choice for that gun.

That said, wanting to shoot single stack is about the best excuse one could have for buying a single stack gun! :devil: