Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

8th Annual 2013 CMMG Midwest 3 Gun Championships

We are pleased to announce the dates for the 8th Annual 2013 CMMG Midwest 3 Gun Championships, May 17-19, 2013 at the Fire For Efect Range outside Fayette, MO.

We look forward to another great year as well as seeing our old friends.

Entry Form enclosed.

Thanks,

Ken Flood

2013 Midwest 3-Gun Entry.doc

Edited by Flood

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kurt, usually you can have one open gun on the team. One guy shoots rifle, one pistol, and one shotgun. thats how they have done it in the past.

Yeah, the application says "Note: Only one firearm may have an optic attached and all team members must use the firearms used during the match." So that means if someone shoots open they have to be the rifle guy on the team, and can they have both optics on their rifle still? Just curious, I am adding this one to my schedule for next year...

It's pretty informal and fun. Last year the owner of CMMG torched it with his full auto rifle. Jaime Foote strapped his range bag on his rifle for a bipod. But Rustin Bernskoetter, Don Bednorz and Jared Millazzono still crushed us all with again. That open shotgun is the ticket.

It's pretty informal and fun. Last year the owner of CMMG torched it with his full auto rifle. Jaime Foote strapped his range bag on his rifle for a bipod. But Rustin Bernskoetter, Don Bednorz and Jared Millazzono still crushed us all with again. That open shotgun is the ticket.

Agreed, shotgun is the ticket on the open gun.....if you have to reload, you are hosed.

Agreed, shotgun is the ticket on the open gun.....if you have to reload, you are hosed.

Yep don shot that shotgun portion as aggressively as you possibly could! Jared and Rustin had it easy on the pistol and rifle at that point. :)

Yep don shot that shotgun portion as aggressively as you possibly could! Jared and Rustin had it easy on the pistol and rifle at that point. :)

But does that mean that the rifle has to be iron sights?

But does that mean that the rifle has to be iron sights?

The only rule is one open gun. I suggest a scopes rifle because there were 400 yard shots last year.

That is what I am trying to clear up. The sign up doesn't say "1 Open Gun" it says "Team Event The 2012 Team Event will take place Sunday, May 20th immediately following the completion of the match.

The format will be three-man teams. Note: Only one firearm may have an optic attached and all team members must use the firearms used during the match."

If one gun has an optic and its not a rifle, its the open gun. Bottom line is almost every team ran an open shotgun (more rounds, no optic) or an open rifle (bipod, optics, etc). Every team ran a TO or open rifle (except for that crazy M249 SAW!!!).

If one gun has an optic and its not a rifle, its the open gun. Bottom line is almost every team ran an open shotgun (more rounds, no optic) or an open rifle (bipod, optics, etc). Every team ran a TO or open rifle (except for that crazy M249 SAW!!!).

Ok that makes sense except the Open Shotgun with no optic part.. Are you allowed to just not have your dot turned on and call it "no optic".

Ok that makes sense except the Open Shotgun with no optic part.. Are you allowed to just not have your dot turned on and call it "no optic".

If you are trying to deopen your open shotgun, I think the biggest concern would be only 9 rounds in the shotgun. Of course turning the dot off would eliminate the ball busting that would occur if you happen to win.

If you are trying to deopen your open shotgun, I think the biggest concern would be only 9 rounds in the shotgun. Of course turning the dot off would eliminate the ball busting that would occur if you happen to win.

LOL.. around and around in circles we go. :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh: I know that the 25 rounds in my Xrail is one thing. But if there is going to be an optic on the rifle (tac optics guy running his rifle) and the rules say only one gun is allowed to have an optic at all I just want to know if I can run my Xrail with the dot turned off and have that not count as a second gun with an optic, which is specifically not allowed according to the rules..