Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Bad Weekend

mildot1

Turned 51 saturday, went downhill from there.

Open gun starting acting up, fte's and so forth. Gave it a good cleaning and tryed again. Was working on a classifier "Fluffys revenge II" and kept hitting left, way to many no shoots, thought WTH. Well better check zero, re zeroed and dot way off barrel. Checked mount screws and rear two were loose, tigtened every thing up and try to rezero. Dot still way left of barrel and gun started cycling like browning 50cal again.

Went to shop and tore it apart, found problem. Slide is cracked at lower front of ejection port,a year old and 8000 rnds, Great!

Have to leave and go help set up stages for sunday match, finish at 5 pm. We are suppose to leave for hog roast, Wife says she doesn't care if we go or not, great I need to get gun running.

Go get backup out of safe,9x23 that I have shot 1000's of 9x19 out of. Well it's filthy dirty and won't run either. Clean and lube, run a mag of practice ammo thru it, runs perfect.

Raining sunday am, great. Staple up targets and bag them as rain is intermittent, never needed the bags as the rain stayed away. Forecast kept shooters away, ended up with about 30. Wind keep breaking target stakes and blowing over barrels and walls, brother and myself did not squad, stayed with four wheelers and carried stakes and tools to make repairs.

Gun pukes on first stage, won't extract. Go bend extractor. Pukes on 2nd stage, locks up tight. Shooters loans me his backup, it locks up also. I quit, not going to tear up someone elses gun.

Borrow my brothers gun and 12 rnd's to shoot classifier, well thats another BIG mistake. Blew that too.

Well maybe next year will be better.

Mildot

Turned 51 saturday, went downhill from there.

Open gun starting acting up, fte's and so forth. Gave it a good cleaning and tryed again. Was working on a classifier "Fluffys revenge II" and kept hitting left, way to many no shoots, thought WTH. Well better check zero, re zeroed and dot way off barrel. Checked mount screws and rear two were loose, tigtened every thing up and try to rezero. Dot still way left of barrel and gun started cycling like browning 50cal again.

Went to shop and tore it apart, found problem. Slide is cracked at lower front of ejection port,a year old and 8000 rnds, Great!

Have to leave and go help set up stages for sunday match, finish at 5 pm. We are suppose to leave for hog roast, Wife says she doesn't care if we go or not, great I need to get gun running.

Go get backup out of safe,9x23 that I have shot 1000's of 9x19 out of. Well it's filthy dirty and won't run either. Clean and lube, run a mag of practice ammo thru it, runs perfect.

Raining sunday am, great. Staple up targets and bag them as rain is intermittent, never needed the bags as the rain stayed away. Forecast kept shooters away, ended up with about 30. Wind keep breaking target stakes and blowing over barrels and walls, brother and myself did not squad, stayed with four wheelers and carried stakes and tools to make repairs.

Gun pukes on first stage, won't extract. Go bend extractor. Pukes on 2nd stage, locks up tight. Shooters loans me his backup, it locks up also. I quit, not going to tear up someone elses gun.

Borrow my brothers gun and 12 rnd's to shoot classifier, well thats another BIG mistake. Blew that too.

Well maybe next year will be better.

Mildot

Sorry to hear that, damn gun gremlins.

Well it was a good match and all the hard work getting it set up was appreciated. You did forget the couple good parts of the day though. With all the new shooters out there we didn't have a single DQ, and didn't have a tree fall over this month. Plus you got to give a couple Shelbyville natives a hard time. Either way it's never a good day when your gun won't run let alone two. I guess you can say at least you spent the day at the range around good people. Plus you made it to 51 and you’re still shooting, and pretty good when the gun was running. Hope the rest of the week goes better for you and you get to get some shooting done this weekend.

Fixed ammo problem, sizing die had backed out. It's a pain but if you ever have to resize loaded rounds on a 650 move the sizing die to station three and hand feed them in!!!

Hope I'm ready for the Riley match this sunday.

Thanks for the kind words!

Sweat Lodge...Medicine Man or Priest....Sweet Grass smudge or Holy Water. You have lots of choices when it comes to casting out evil spirits! Whatever suits you.

Was headed to Camp LeJune NC for FMF school. (Long time ago, I'm old, Vietnam era) Decided to take the travel pay and Perdiem and have a summer motorcycle trip! Gold WIngs run SWEET when everything is right...they sing. So so bad when somethings not right. Damn thing was running rough, too bad for the road trip...bummer. I mean ROUGH! Had the carbs off and back on 3 or 4 times. (What a pain in the ass!) Thought I found the problem 2 days before the trip! Getting too late to schedule air travel, don't want to be awol!! Can't afford the car. Out for a test ride and it's running HORRIBLE...SHIT! Back at the shop several of my ridin buds that know the tale say "What, dude?" I'm screwed says I. The Kingfish (long story) who is from the Bay Area and is connected to the Red & Whites says "We Need Hosey". Goes over to his tool box and pulls out a plastic Halloween skull, on a stick that once was part of a window squeegee from the Texaco station near the clubhouse they rode out of. "Holy Place, Holy artifact" says the Kingfish (my lodge brother...another long story) "Gather round boys" he calls out.. Six of em and the Kingfish form a circle around me astride my crappy running Gold Wing. "Get out your keys" says Dave ( The Kingfish). So they all get out their keys. "OK shake em like this" he says, extending his arms, keys in one hand rattling, while waving the Skull on the Squeegee stick with the other. All but the Kingfish were silent, but for the jingling of the shaken keys as the Kingfish chanted "OH Yellyman Oh Yellyman". "OK" he says brightly..."try it now"! I'm kind of stunned at all this, which was sprung abruptly on me in my desperation. "OK...what the Hell" I say. Turn the key to the on position, pushed the starter button and it lit right up. Went out to the highway, which wasn't far from the shop and let the old girl out. Ran PERFECT and has to this day. 100 thousand miles on her now.

You can think anything you like about this story, but that's what happened. Rode from Colorado to LeJune and back, later that summer to San Diego. She sang the sweetest tune at a mile a minuet. Never a miss or burble. You may have an Imp, someone mentioned a Gremlin, could be damn faeries. Cast em out!

Oh...Happy Birthday!