9mm Spartan Data

Noximus03

Precision Delta 124gr

4.5gr Win 231

CCI SPP #500

Mixed Brass

OAL - 1.140"

PF - 132-135

That's the load I'm currently using. More than likely, I'll be switching to HP-38 (same stuff) and to MG Bullets for next season.

The only thing I have done to my Spartan is a 9lb recoil spring, 17lb mainspring, DP No-gap magwell, grip tape on the front strap, and DP magazines.

Thanks for the info so far. Was wondering if any of you have ran a load out with Autocomp (other than the one above) or titegroup? Just getting into this reloading game, and welcome all load data with various powders. Shame to say, I really dont know much about powders or which ones are beneficial/detrimental to my goal. I know what I like for Open guns, but not much knowledge at all for minor loads. Also would like to know your OAL's and more detail on why some of you are using longer, and shorter lengths.

FYI, before I get jumped.....I used the search function on here, and posted so that I may get more specific detail to answer my question/s.

Most common from what I see are MG bullets (124gr usually) paired with N320,N340, Win 231/HP-38, or Titegroup.

I chose the longer OAL because when I tested my loads, I tested several OAL's from 1.12-1.16. 1.140" happened to be the most accurate out of my gun, and it feeds reliably.

Favorite for me was 4.0g of Titegroup behind a MG 124 CMJ @ 1.14". I ran it down to about 3.8g and still made minor, but it felt a little too sluggish to me. All the loads were accurate and you could probably get away with 3.7-3.8g for her and still make minor. It'd be super cush :cheers:

My Trojan runs (and feels) best with a 135+pf load. I like wuss loads but the heavy slide makes for a clunky feeling light load.

I use 4.2gr of Titegroup or N320 under a 124gr MG JHP @ 1.125". Since the Spartan uses a traditional (non-ramped) you may need to use round nose bullets.

4.6gr WST under a 127gr poly-coated lead RN also runs nicely (same OAL).

I run a 10lb Wolff recoil and 17lb ISMI main spring. Aftec extractor (springs compressed for 10 seconds per the directions). Bottom of stock extended ejector filed to clear slammed mags.

Most of my mags are older Wilson ETM (no 10th witness hole) with one coil clipped to allow the mag to be seated 10+1 without worries. . ( I took a Todd Green class and he was running new ETM mags that didn't require a coil cut off. He loaded them up and left them alone for a few days).

4.0 gr Titegroup and a 124/125 JHP is a pretty standard load that (usually) makes 129-134pf depending on your gun.

I also run 3.6gr Titegroup and a 147 Montana CMJ through my 9mm 1911. (3.4 is probably enough, but I don't like to sweat the chrono)

OAL's will vary depending on your setup/mags and what your gun likes to run. I set the oal for reliability and accuracy.

9-10 lb recoil spring, and a 17lb main spring.

Metalform 10rd mags run about any bullet I've tried. Tripps nosedive with JHP (in my gun). Wilson's sit to high and hit the ejector in my gun and Dawson's are out of my price range.

Very good to hear that most of you are running in the 1.14-1.145 range. I run a Glock open gun and load to 1.142. I've heard alot of good things for Titegroup for a minor load.

Just asking a general opinion here, but how to any of you feel about a 9-10# recoil spring and a 15# main with your loads IF you've tried them? I ask this knowing full well that I'll have to try and taylor a load to best suit the wife, just want to see what you all thought of that spring/load combo.

No idea..I haven't tried any other combo, but 9-10 and a 17 seem to be the most used. I can only speak for myself, but I've had nothing much great results. 9mm in a 5" 1911 has lower recoil as it is. Couple that with a dedicated load just above PF and she'll be just fine.

I've used a 15, and it would ignite well seated Federal primers. I just didnt see the benefit, especially if I had one not get seated all the way and it caused a light strike.

What would be the reason of using a 15?

Just seen a few topics where guys are using (and loving) the 15/9# spring combo with a minor load. Just trying to taylor the gun/load to my wife. She grew up shooting, but not like we shoot in our sport, so this is something very new to her. One thing is certain......no matter what I do, she will be blowing through a TON of practice ammo, lol.

I run a Spartan with 10lb Wolff recoil and 17lb ISMI main spring. Dawson NO-Gap magwell and Tripp mags with Dawson base pads. I too filed the bottom of stock extended ejector to clear slammed mags. Dawson .100 FO front sight and extended mag release button that my gunsmith supplied me from his box of extra parts.

Load is a 135RN Bear Creek moly bullets is 4.0 WST at 1.150 OAL. Chronos right at 1000 FPS on my personal chrono and and officially at several matches right at 1020.

Edited by Boxerglocker

• 3 weeks later...

I run a Spartan with 10lb Wolff recoil and 17lb ISMI main spring. Dawson NO-Gap magwell and Tripp mags with Dawson base pads. I too filed the bottom of stock extended ejector to clear slammed mags. Dawson .100 FO front sight and extended mag release button that my gunsmith supplied me from his box of extra parts.

Load is a 135RN Bear Creek moly bullets is 4.0 WST at 1.150 OAL. Chronos right at 1000 FPS on my personal chrono and and officially at several matches right at 1020.

How is the smoke with this load. I also use moly and have been serching for "the" load. BTW, 135gr moly with W231 is NOT the answer.

How is the smoke with this load. I also use moly and have been serching for "the" load. BTW, 135gr moly with W231 is NOT the answer.

Minimal smoke, runs very clean.