Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

SVI gun Mags ;-))

Carmine

Hi everyone.

I'm proud to say that I've ordered up and just about paid for my new SVI gun :surprise:

The question is...mags??

I shoot IPSC up here in Canada and I fall in to the box rules for a " Standard Class Gun". :blink:

So, Im guessing the SVI 124mm Mag ( 10 round configuration only!!!)

I currently use Gramms' goodies on my STI gear....they work %100 of the time!!

So the question become...do I keep the new mags from SVI stock...or do they too need a little help. :devil:

By the way, the reason I switched to the Gramms' in my STI gear was that I found that both

the springs and followers were inconsistant. :(

Anyway, any advice from my fellow forum members would be appreciated :D

Hi everyone.

I'm proud to say that I've ordered up and just about paid for my new SVI gun :surprise:

The question is...mags??

I shoot IPSC up here in Canada and I fall in to the box rules for a " Standard Class Gun". :blink:

So the question become...do I keep the new mags from SVI stock...or do they too need a little help. :devil:

By the way, the reason I switched to the Gramms' in my STI gear was that I found that both

Just order them from Infinity with your pistol. They will run 100%. No need to look anywhere else.. :cheers:

Hi everyone.

The question is...mags??

+1 on that. I've had no issues with my limited gun. I did polish the inside of the feed lips.....I was bored that day and needed something constructive to do :)

Just order them from Infinity with your pistol. They will run 100%. No need to look anywhere else.. :cheers:

Just an alternative, but when I was shooting L-10 w/ my SVI 2011 I had good luck using the STI 10 rd. mags. You can't go wrong w/ the SVI mags, but they come at a very precious price. I was able to buy the STI 10 rd mags for less than half the price of SVI's through distributors here in the US. I did wind up making my own bases to allow the 10th round to fit easier, but still had much less invested per mag. This was in 2004-05 when the US "hi-cap" mag ban was sunsetting. Something to consider...

Hmmmmmmm......... :devil:

Some thing to try once I get my new gun.

I'm currently running my STI Eagle in .40 ( this will become my back up gun)

If I can get 5 of my STI's to run.....that gives me options :D

Edited by Carmine

My first wide body was an STi.

I sold it and have used nothing but SV since. I also got rid of the STI mags. To me, the quality of the SV mags were superior.

If I am not mistaken SV does not make a 2011. I think you only see that on a STI frame.

You might want to touch base with Roy Neal. He posts here and shoots in Canada.

If you shoot in the US perhaps you can get base pads made that will make you legal with a 140 mm mag. If you don't shoot here then it does not matter.

BTW: Check out Taran's base pads. I think almost everyone on the Super Squad at Nationals was running them.

My first wide body was an STi.

I sold it and have used nothing but SV since. I also got rid of the STI mags. To me, the quality of the SV mags were superior.

If I am not mistaken SV does not make a 2011. I think you only see that on a STI frame.

You might want to touch base with Roy Neal. He posts here and shoots in Canada.

If you shoot in the US perhaps you can get base pads made that will make you legal with a 140 mm mag. If you don't shoot here then it does not matter.

BTW: Check out Taran's base pads. I think almost everyone on the Super Squad at Nationals was running them.

You are correct...Infinity Firearms aka: SVI makes widebody frames, not to be confused with STI's 2011 frames. All Infinity mags are tuned before they are shipped.

My bad, my reference to "SVI 2011" was meant to describe my SVI widebody, short dustcover limited gun. I use SVI magazines for shooting in limited, but used the STI 126mm 10 rd. 40 S&W mags successfully when I shot the gun in L-10. I definitely didn't feel as bad when I kicked or stepped on a dropped mag during a stage. I'm not sure STI still offers these 10 rd. mags, but they were about half price to the SVI's.