Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Guess The Score for Rhino

rhino

Stage 3 was the first one you shot? That's with the barricade, right? If so, even with the long shots, you can actually game that stage.

After a brain fart error, you can just lean on the barricade enough to bring it down and request for a reshoot. ;):lol:

Good luck in your quest for Master. I actually voted and prayed you make Expert. ;)

Stage 3 was the first one you shot? That's with the barricade, right? If so, even with the long shots, you can actually game that stage.

After a brain fart error, you can just lean on the barricade enough to bring it down and request for a reshoot. ;):lol:

:lol: I like the way you think, Oliver!

Good luck in your quest for Master. I actually voted and prayed you make Expert. ;)

Well, Master is going to be a long, long, long time in coming, but someday I think I will do it. Thanks for the support ... it's good to know my people are behind me! ;)

Rhino;

If what you did last week has anything to do with the picture of Kim Rhode you posted, I'm outa here!

MB (back from filming six shows in 10 days!!! Steel Challenge was, as always, entertaining...I gotta get one of them AMERICAN GUN KIDS t-shirts Tatsuya Sakai wears...maybe then I can win Limited & Open divisions of the SC!)

I made my biggest leap on the classifier by making the decision to figure out stage 3. A few things: practice it - get a barricade and set it up and just keep running it until you can get those hits. Slow it down a hair and concentrate on solid hits and smooth reloads as opposed to speed.

I also made a couple changes in how I shoot it: I've found that I prefer starting on my weak side for string 1. And when you start, be looking at the target - be leaned out already and looking at the target before the beep. And yes, this is legal.

I normally shoot both eyes open, but I now close one for stage 3. Make those hits!

I was constantly struggling to get out of SS until I took stage 3 on for real: practice it, make some mental adjustments and you're there.

That stage is the door to expert.

- Gabe

Anderson's dry-fire book?

WE HAVE A WINNER!

It's not here yet, but I think I've already shown premeditation for dry fire practice. If I get caught doing it, I'm going down for the count.

Boy are you in trouble now! I told Mary about you cheating and buying a crib sheet and she is furious! She totally agreed with you when premeditated dry-firing was a no no. She wanted no part of any pr..pra...cheating. She said if you are going to cheat that means she has to start cheating too and just wait 'till she sees you at the A5! :D

• 2 weeks later...
I made my biggest leap on the classifier by making the decision to figure out stage 3. A few things: practice it - get a barricade and set it up and just keep running it until you can get those hits. Slow it down a hair and concentrate on solid hits and smooth reloads as opposed to speed.

[snip]

That stage is the door to expert.

- Gabe

Not to hi-jack the thread, but when you shoot the Classifier are you allowed to shoot over the top of the barrel? The rule book says 50% of torso behind cover but the stage description says either side of the barrel. I consider the top of the barrel a side, (ya know the top side) so shooting over the top should be ok. Half my torso would be behind cover, so that should be ok too. ( I guess)

Just trying to figure out the details on my quest to M.

thanks, and good luck Rhino

-Luther

It's my understanding that although shooting over the top would likely be legal in a match, as long as 50% of your upper body was obscured, the classifier specifically states (in the IDPA's typical poorly formatted, punctuated, misspelled and grammatically incorrect manner) "from around either side of 55 gal. Barrel."

So there you have it.

- Gabe