Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Gateway 3-Gun November Regional Match November 10

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its a dangerous journey from Missouri into Illinois.....

I've heard this quite a few times from shooters in other states. There really is no need for concern about getting in trouble traveling with competition guns in IL.

I know it doesnt sound like fun, but just transport your unloaded guns in cases, and leave your suppressors, machine guns, and concealed carry rigs at home and you'll be just fine. Those of us that live downstate have plenty of fun buying, transporting, and shooting whatever we would possibly want for 3-gun firearms.

It's pretty rough within the city limits of Chicago as far as gun laws go, but that's why we don't go up there!

So you guys from the freedom-loving state if Missouri come on over and we'll have a blast shooting this match in Sparta!

Nick

Its a dangerous journey from Missouri into Illinois.....

I've heard this quite a few times from shooters in other states. There really is no need for concern about getting in trouble traveling with competition guns in IL.

I know it doesn't sound like fun, but just transport your unloaded guns in cases, and leave your suppressors, machine guns, and concealed carry rigs at home and you'll be just fine. Those of us that live downstate have plenty of fun buying, transporting, and shooting whatever we would possibly want for 3-gun firearms.

It's pretty rough within the city limits of Chicago as far as gun laws go, but that's why we don't go up there!

So you guys from the freedom-loving state if Missouri come on over and we'll have a blast shooting this match in Sparta!

Nick

I totally agree with Nick.

The thought of going into IL. has always been a problem with me. But, when I go there I always see friendly like minded people and after talking with them I feel like I'm at home with friends. So, if you have out of state tags you may be a target, just behave yourself and all should be good. It's truly amazing seeing the Sparta complex in a State that's known for not being "gun friendly" :o

Lets see? Grand American Trap? IL. State IDPA Championship, maybe USPSA level 2 next year, top notch Cowboy shooting and now real (outlaw) 3-gun (limited only by the space available, at this time).

I'd love to get in on an IPO for this outfit.

Steve

Its a dangerous journey from Missouri into Illinois.....but sounds like fun Jeremy. $40 isn't too bad either.

See you at CMMG monthly match on the 20th and I'll get some more details.

Are they having a shoot at CMMG this month?

Its a dangerous journey from Missouri into Illinois.....but sounds like fun Jeremy. $40 isn't too bad either.

Yes

Yes

I was only joking about the treacherous journey into Illinois..........but seriously, who would smuggle me out?

See some of you at CMMG.

It will be my last match if Chuck Norris is getting into 3-gun...trying to get better to match your competition with him shooting is like trying to climb a never ending mountain of ice.

Will you be posting stages? Also whats the range layout like? Can we drive our vehicles from stage to stage or bring a golf cart? Our are all the bays close to one another? Thanks

Not planning to post stages, we like to throw in a surprise or two. :) ....4 stages are in bays that are close together and close to parking, the other two stages can be driven to.

We've got some pretty cool stuff planned, it should be a great time!

@ JT, what is the longest rifle shot going to be?

Everything will be under 200 yds for this one, but there will be some "challenging" shots :)

"Challenging" sounds like fun.

Do you think we can make use of the Gator and flat bed trailer to move peole and gear to the other two stages?

Will you be posting stages? Also whats the range layout like? Can we drive our vehicles from stage to stage or bring a golf cart? Our are all the bays close to one another? Thanks

Not planning to post stages, we like to throw in a surprise or two. :) ....4 stages are in bays that are close together and close to parking, the other two stages can be driven to.

Excellent! Gonna try to make it down there.

Excellent! Gonna try to make it down there.

I'll see you there Pete. Any of the other Lake City guys coming with you?

Huge thanks to Rampart Range in Pocahontas, IL for donating a bad ass new COR15 M4 for our November match !!!

We'll be giving the rifle to one lucky shooter complete with AP Customs' new rifle length tactical carbon fiber hand guard :)

Edited by JTMaddox