Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

about good transitions

Rosshooting

Powerman: I presume you mean by fast transition not only getting the gun 'there', but mind, thoughts and intent as well and being able to fire almost simultaneously.

Then 'focus' alone won't do it, there are even times when a focus is not needed.

Suggest you do a search and read up on all the great posts on transitions here from the mechanics to above the mechanics.

After each string ask yourself two questions:

a. On how many targets do I remember seeing the target clearly before the sights got there? And not just a glimpse or "blur" of the target, but the A box itself (if close enough to see it), or the outline shape of the plate, or the center of the plate, or the exact center of the target.

b. For how many shots do I remember looking right at the sights (target now peripheral) at the instant the shot broke?

I'm not saying that we always have to do both, because especially with some experience we can hit many modern day targets without looking right at the sights. But it is not a bad thing to train and ingrain. Once you learn what it means to keep your eyes moving and realize the benefit that comes from doing it, you'll do everything faster and more easily because actions based in knowledge and experience are more effective than activity arising from confusion and doubt.