Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Has anyone tried the Eric Grauffel Grips

beltjones

Ill find out when i get my grips from him at the Nats! You can order now and save shipping. If you ain't going Nats im sure somebody you know must be going=)

can you post or pm me of how much are they?

btw, is it for large or small frame?

Edited by e-mishka

Those grips appear to have a convex/contoured shape. Wish CZ would learn a thing or two about shape and checkering.

Dont they have the checkered CZUB ones? I haven't try em since my Al grips covered with grip tape worked fine.

e-mishka, send an email to his website, you'll get a reply quick. Im surprised how quick he replies. You can ask anything actually=) like his favorite load and stuff, lol. But to cover what I have asked him, He will be in Vegas shooting production, he will be there 10-16 and staying at the match hotel. Give him your phone number and he will call you to meet up with the items you ordered. Imagine that=)

These reviews are terrible.

Edited... they are grippier and slimmer than the wood grips almost comparable to the CZ UB grips... if you do more research like what i have done you might find what you are looking for. as compared to hennings i find them grippier and slimmer.. i also like the fact that i can use the black factory screws i have instead of buying Torx screws.

Other than that why dont you also talk to both manufacturers and ask about their product, thats what i did and was able to come up with my own decisions...

Edited by ogiebb

These reviews are terrible.

Edited... they are grippier and slimmer than the wood grips almost comparable to the CZ UB grips... if you do more research like what i have done you might find what you are looking for. as compared to hennings i find them grippier and slimmer.. i also like the fact that i can use the black factory screws i have instead of buying Torx screws.

Other than that why dont you also talk to both manufacturers and ask about their product, thats what i did and was able to come up with my own decisions...

I have spoken to the manufacturers. I was hoping for data like you posted above - something beyond "looks great, feels awesome" which are both extremely subjective comments that are basically meaningless. Thanks for the comparative review.

How is the thickness on them? In between the fat wood grips and the Gold team aluminum ones?

they are the same thickness as the Gold team alum grips but because of the contour on the back they feel slimmer...

I was lucky enough to be able to try them out on Eric's guns while I was in France in July.

I have Henning's gris on my guns. Exactly as ogiebb said, the contour on the back makes the feel quite a bit slimmer. Eric specifically designed it like that and he pointed out the differences between the aluminum, the Henning, and his. He tried several different styles of checkering and worked with a machinist to get the lines right on the back strap.

He also tried different materials, including solid brass, which I tried as well. HEAVY!

But in general, they look and feel great. He worked on the design for quite a while to get it right and IMO he did a good job of it

• 2 weeks later...

Installed new grips I got from Eric on my stock2 yesterday. They are slimmer then Henning's, but in any case they feel great and look sharp.

With this grips I can now press mag release without even a slightest grip change. Also trigger finger has more reach now.

I'll test em out in practice and see how they perform.