Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ for Limited Division

Pensfan

So first let me say that I am devoted kool-aid drinking CZ fanboy. I shoot Production with a CZ, carry a CZ daily, have owned over 20 different CZs in pistols, rifles, and am looking at a CZ shotgun. I love CZs haha.

That said... I am looking at shooting Limited either next season or the following and of course am looking at the CZ TS for a limited pistol. My question though, is the CZ TS a legitimate solid pistol for Limited division? Limited seams to be dominated by the S_I pistols and I rarely ever see CZ TS' being run. I am sitting less than 1% from A Class in Production and am planning on hitting Master before switching to Limited.

With that in mind, and knowing that personal preferrence is far more important, indian not the arrow etc... can the CZ TS compete with the S_I's of the world? Or should I switch over to S_I or a custom pistol for Limited?

Thanks GForce! I'll look for him at the Sparta Open. You shooting the Open tomorrow with Jeff and crew? I requested to be squadded with Jeff, not sure how squadding is going to work though.

As far as money is concerned for the pistol, we have a smith here (Otto Comp) that can build a Limited pistol for about the same cost as the CS TS. So it really comes down to which platform will be "better" in the long run.

Limited? You're an open shooter. Speed baby, you're all about the speed.

Hahaha... I have tried a few open pistols and limited pistols now and I can't get used to the red dot. Going from a front sight focus to a target focus is weird. Limited pistols rock though! I shot Lazslo's pistol the other day and DAMN, the trigger and magwell is amazing haha.

I shoot an STI, but I tell you what. If I wasn't shooting a STI I'd be shooting a tactical sport. One of my best friends has one.

That thing is legit. No stupid mag tuning BS, either. I like heavy guns. He has had his grip reduced also.

Sweetest factory trigger feel, EVER.

I went with the STI because I have more 1911/2011 gunsmiths around me, and 1911/2011 parts are all over the place as opposed to just czcustom. I'm OCD about having options.

Edited by JaeOne3345

I had both a TS (CTS clone) and a custom 2011. I like the TS better and got rid of the 2011. Then again it boils down to personal preference. To your question though if you are at a disadvantage with a TS.... No. There are subtle differences that lead us to prefer one over the other but the TS is pretty much dead nuts reliable after you put an extra power extractor spring in it, carries 21 round reloadable mags, has a sub 2# stock trigger and is very accurate. I sort of laugh about all the ballyhoo of the new 5 1/2" SVI steel grip guns. That perfectly describes the CTS. The SV is certainly better finished and if you want to pay for that bravo, but as a tool for a job the TS will not hold you back.

Thanks for all the feedback everyone! As has been alluded to a couple times above, I am only interested in the pistol as a tool. I don't care how pretty it is, how many ooohs and ahhhs the name brings out... I just want a pistol that shoots where I aim and runs 100%. I have that exact pistol in my CZs for the Production platform and it looks like I can do the same in Limited with the TS as well!

Now to start saving pennies for another CZ.

:)

Edited by Pensfan

• 2 months later...