Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Who makes the stock

caz41

I think that it is a TacMod SCS. Here is a link: http://tacmodstock.com/Concept/index.php

This one.

I think Robby helped develop it for the Sniper Competitions.

I couldn't find anyone who sells just the buttstock though so I went with the XLR.

How much is the XLR buttstock? Their pricing section of their site is under construction.

I think that it is a TacMod SCS. Here is a link: http://tacmodstock.com/Concept/index.php

This one.

I think Robby helped develop it for the Sniper Competitions.

I couldn't find anyone who sells just the buttstock though so I went with the XLR.

How much is the XLR buttstock? Their pricing section of their site is under construction.

I paid about $200 for mine.

It's a really great stock IMO and Kyle at XLR provides great customer service. The stock is really meant for their full bolt action chassis, so the adjustable cheekpiece is to be used with scopes with large front objectives and high rings. At its lowest the cheekpiece will not work with a 1.5" cantilever mount for ARs. It might work with a 1.93" but I already had the 1.5" one from Larue. Because of this Kyle had custom machined and hard anodized a clamp for me that would forego the cheekpiece. This could be the same for the TacMod as I usually notice Daniel Horner using a 1.93" Larue in his pics.

Btw, Kyle did this for me at no extra charge even though I did not purchase the stock directly from XLR. The stock is comfortable and solid. The weight is about the same as an A2 stock and it balances my rifle very well. I got it because the Magpul CTR I was using was way too light and my rifle was way to nose heavy. The buttpad is the same as the one used on ACE stocks and the XLR has 3 QD swivel attachment points for slings (2 on either side of the stock and 1 on the buffer tube).

*I'll try to post a pic of the stock and the clamp tomorrow when I get a chance. For now, here is a pic of it with the stock clamp and the cheekpiece removed.

35ak936.jpg