Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Procedural for a Forbidden Action

sperman

To clear up some other obvious confusion, what we (NROI) get for sanction is usually a set of stage drawings with a procedure on them, not an official WSB, or Written Stage Briefing. Once the stages are approved, NROI is pretty much out of it as far as setup and operation of the stages is concerned.

So, if the FA was written into the stage diagram, it was not legal to do so. I hope that was caught in the sanctioning process, but we occasionally miss a thing or two. However, if it was changed to a procedural, whether on the stage diagram or in the WSB, then it was not illegal, per se. I'm not sure about the per step procedural thing, however. But, that's a whole other discussion.

Lastly, we don't "pull" anyone's sanction.

Troy

This might be a case were a Forbidden Action with advancement would apply better than a procedural. If I thought I could gain a significant time advantage to offset 1 procedural then I would jump off and run like hell to the other end. This is like saying "after the start signal pick up the ammo can (10-20#) and place it on the table at the end of the shooting area, failure to do so is 1 procedural penalty." At a club match 9 out of 10 of our A & above shooters did not bother with the can and took the penalty. In my case per shot fired would have stopped that. In the original case a wider plank or railings might have been appropriate. But the thing this forum is most guilty of is that hindsight is 20/20 and foresight sucks and 2 people can read the same rule and come up with 2 different interpretations.

An armed society should be a polite society.

This is a little bit on an aside, but slightly related. As I was rooting around my club's stash of old props and gadgets, one of the old timers showed me some big boards that were meant to hold clay pigeons. He said that the boards were setup as a "minefield" where the shooter incurred a penalty per broken pigeon if the shooter decided to cross the minefield rather than staying on a more circuitous path.

"minefield" where the shooter incurred a penalty per broken pigeon if the shooter decided to cross the minefield rather than staying on a more circuitous path.

We have done this. Watching guys through there mags out of the minefield so it doesn't land on one.

Brent

Edited by colt

This might be a case were a Forbidden Action with advancement would apply better than a procedural. If I thought I could gain a significant time advantage to offset 1 procedural then I would jump off and run like hell to the other end. This is like saying "after the start signal pick up the ammo can (10-20#) and place it on the table at the end of the shooting area, failure to do so is 1 procedural penalty." At a club match 9 out of 10 of our A & above shooters did not bother with the can and took the penalty. In my case per shot fired would have stopped that. In the original case a wider plank or railings might have been appropriate. But the thing this forum is most guilty of is that hindsight is 20/20 and foresight sucks and 2 people can read the same rule and come up with 2 different interpretations.

An armed society should be a polite society.

If that were the case with the ammo can, if it just said it must be placed on the table at the end of the stage and not that it must be there before last shot fired I would take it down there all day long. Simply shoot the stage, casually stroll back and retrieve the box and walk back and place it in the correct location. Timer stops at the last shot fired so you could stroll back and take as much time as you wanted doing so and the timre was stopped at your last shot if it dosent say before last shot fired. In that case, I would take the procedural. It was like the handcuff stage at the ohio match this year. VERY few bothered to pick the cuffs up and took the procedural

So that we can talk specifics here, was the correction was from:

"FA to advance on the ground"

to

"Procedural for advancing on the ground"

Actually, it was "procedural for touching the ground, even if you stepped back onto the plank at the very same spot you left it."

(That wasn't actually all of it, either. If I recall correctly, it was a procedural per step. But at the least, if you fell off, caught your balance with one foot on the ground, then stepped back onto the plank at the same spot, it was still a procedural penalty. Apparently, we were walking over lava. :) )

Thomas - what was the start position again?

Starting Position:

Standing on Area A ,feet on marks, Holding

Parrot on top of weak side shoulder with

strong hand, Gun loaded in holster, Extra

ammo on belt.

Parrot does not have to be retained

Or did you mean your "chained to a prop" example? :closedeyes:

Edited by Sin-ster