Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Best Comp?

Zmego

Keep drinkin the coolaid man! If you love something, set it free. My Titan needed to go it's own way and find a new home.

Its not cool aid I have shot a lot of comps and the Titan is the best. When people have threads like this and ask which is the best comp the Titan is always brought up. I believe there was a thread on here a year ago or more showing the various comps being tested on a machine set up with lasers and the Titan and another comp tied for being the best at reducing muzzle movement.

Pat

Edited by Alaskapopo

I agree that the titan is one of the better comps. The JM for the money is a real good option. I was using a JP comp mostly(and really liked it) , and have recently switched to a seekins. I would say the only difference in the two aforementioned comps was that the seekins is less concussive. They all get the job done ,and are huge improvement over a A2 birdcage. good luck

My point was different strokes for different folks. Alaska really likes his Titan. Lots of others like that comp too. Rolling Thunder has it's followers and the surefire does too. P. Kelly has made it clear that he really likes the Seekins. My list of requirements in a comp are different than Alaska's. That's cool! If everyone had the same list of requirements, we would all be shooting the exact same gear. I think that even Alaska would find it pretty boreing to show up to a major match to find everyone shooting the "Horner" rig. The SJC is certainly an extremely effective comp which is both compact and highly efficient. It also shakes my eyeballs, and is a pain to keep clean. Pat has decided that the extra little bit of flat muzzle manors is worth the obnoxious downsides. Good on him. I tried it, ran it for a season and ultimately decided to move on to something which better suited my needs. To be honest, I'm not even partial to the Cooley. It was on the rifle when I got it, I can stack rounds at 50yds and it's easy to maintain. Plus the install is beautifull.

Keep drinkin the coolaid man! If you love something, set it free. My Titan needed to go it's own way and find a new home.

Its not cool aid I have shot a lot of comps and the Titan is the best. When people have threads like this and ask which is the best comp the Titan is always brought up. I believe there was a thread on here a year ago or more showing the various comps being tested on a machine set up with lasers and the Titan and another comp tied for being the best at reducing muzzle movement.

Pat

Titan feels the best to you.

Pat (Alaska) I agree, for me, the Titan seems to put the muzzle where I want it at the end of recoil most effectively. With the combination of other enhancements to my gas system, buffer system, and bolt carrier, I'm able to shoot most effectively with the Titan.......BUT, there are so many variables that come into play when I draw that conclusion that I understand each case is its own...the way I shoulder the gun, the way I grip the forend, the specific enhancements I have internally in the weapon already, etc etc etc. all lend themselves to being factors in how my weapon recoils....I think that's what everyone is getting at...Mr. Kelly's article has great info on how muzzle movement is effected by different comps, and as you can see, the Titan isn't noticeably the flattest according to his testing (we're talking just percentage points of difference between certain comps - Mr. Kelly please correct me if my interpretation of your data is incorrect) despite the fact that I feel like it makes my weapon stay flattest..........not to mention that the flattest shooting comp isn't necessarily the "best comp".....sometimes the extra weight makes less sense than a few percentages points of muzzle deviation (depending on the stage)

Edited by GorillaTactical

Thanks to Mr. Kelly for writing the article. Not trying to knock anyone elses comp but at the same time for me I feel the point of a comp is to reduce muzzle movement and make the gun shoot flat so I want a comp that does that the best. Noise does not bother me and that is why we wear ear pro. As for cleaning the comp I have not done that yet with about 4k on my SJC on my three gun stick.

Anyway I was not trying to be a jerk about this and based on the sarcasim from some it looks like I did not acomplish that goal. Sorry about that. Carry on.

Pat

Edited by Alaskapopo

Anyway I was not trying to be a jerk about this and based on the sarcasim from some it looks like I did not acomplish that goal. Sorry about that. Carry on.

Pat

Pat, I don't think anyone thinks you were being a jerk. Just trying to have a discussion about the hows and whys of "IS" there a best comp or not. Also, there are a lot of people get on here and go makes choices based on what they read herein. I think in all fariness, some were just trying to point out what they feel are some falacies in your endorsement of the Titan. Not that the Titan is not the best for you and your gun, but it won't be the best for everyone.

I don't really care about muzzle movement, I care that the gun returns to where I held it as fast as possible. Now if you can find me the comp that returns the gun to where I "wanted" it to be when I fired...you will be rich, and probably understand women too!

It semms like no one is talking about Benny Hills brake anymore. I have his brake on my Fal , and it is amazing. Is this brake considered old school in the AR word?

They may not be talking about them but they sure keep buying them. Still a very popular brake and works as well or better than anything out there. The .30 version turns a .308 ar into a pussy cat.-----------Larry

It semms like no one is talking about Benny Hills brake anymore. I have his brake on my Fal , and it is amazing. Is this brake considered old school in the AR word?

They may not be talking about them but they sure keep buying them. Still a very popular brake and works as well or better than anything out there. The .30 version turns a .308 ar into a pussy cat.-----------Larry

Works equally as well with 300 Blackout.