Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

He-Man National 3-Gun Championship 2013

We're very excited (I think) to announce that with the patience and perserverance of the Whittington Center during a very busy time, we finally have dates for the second annual He-Man National 3-Gun Championship! It will be Saturday and Sunday, June 29-30, 2013 at the NRA Whittington Center in Raton, NM. :goof:

We will have both He-Man Iron and He-Man Scope divisions following the Rocky Mountain 3-Gun rules. All He-Men competitors will need a .308 rifle, .45 pistol and a 12 gauge PUMP!!

We will also offer a "wee-man" division for family members and travel partners of "REAL" He-Men with permission of the match director. Wee-men should be aware, that they will be treated like second class citizens all the way! Just ask 2012 Wee-Man Champ Jared Millinazzo! :roflol:

We plan to have the side shoot-off Saturday afternoon like our shoot-off in 2012. We know you all enjoy trying to shoot those piggies...and turkeys and rams and chickens!!! :devil:

Because it's only a two day match, and the stages Rocky Mountain 3-Gun type, we will be limited to under 100. I will post the application on http://home.earthlink.net/~johnson3gun/BEFORE the end of the year! I will list it here as well! So, keep an eye out!

The price will be $175 this year in order to allow us to pay for RO rooms while they work the match...which...reminds me: We are looking for some more RO's for the match. You must have some experience with the non-USPSA format and natural terrain. We are offering an RO clinic March 30 at the Whittington Center focusing on ROing matches like Rocky Mountain 3-Gun where RO's need to be pretty self sufficient and very competent. If you need to gain some experience (even if you don't want to RO He-Man) you should think about attending. Please contact Denise at johnson3gun@earthlink.net if you're interested or for more information.

So, you He-Men out there MARK YOUR CALENDARS!!!! Let's see if you can give 2012 Champions Tate Moots and Kuan Watson a run for their money!!

Anyone interested in sponsoring...let me know! The more the merrier!!!

Denise

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you sure your steel can take all that abuse? I'd hate to pop a bolt or something with my HeMan bullets.

I'm going to try make it next year if you'll have me. But you know this "City-Kitty" as JJ calls me have a reputation of breaking a steel target or two in just about all the major matches I've been to.

As much abuse as the targets take...it ain't He-Man if somebody doesn't blow a target into next week! :roflol:

Last local match, Rocky Mountain Targets had us try out some of their new 6 inch rifle steel flash targets, and those suckers spun around like a demented hamster wheel when the .308's hit them! It was even fun for us wee-men to see!

Bring on the .308, but be sure to check them with a magnet!!!! They pack enough of a wallop as is!!!

I want to see the "city kitty" in the Mountain Country!!!! You'll have fun! But for the shoot-off, since you're not a farm boy, you might want to study up on the different High Power Animals - you don't want to get your pigs and turkeys confused!!!! Turns out it's easier than you think! :roflol::roflol: No names mentioned...

Denise

Are you sure your steel can take all that abuse? I'd hate to pop a bolt or something with my HeMan bullets.

I'm going to try make it next year if you'll have me. But you know this "City-Kitty" as JJ calls me have a reputation of breaking a steel target or two in just about all the major matches I've been to.

you will have to work to "break" my record. ask the Sierra squad. i broke more targets ar RM3G the first 3 years i shot HM than anybody. Did not endear me to the squad as we had to wait for them to get fixed. Sometimes it was a long wait. :cheers:

Other than the pump shotgun I have to say that this sounds like a lot of fun... I might just have to buy a pump gun... Any .45 pistol, or single stacks only?

i have a winchester 1300 that is set up for 3 gun for sale. it has two barrels; a 22" rifle sighted, winchoke, a 28" vent rib winchoke. it has 5 chokes, two complete stock set, one pistol grip and one regular and two fore-ends. it also has an extra gel filled butt pad. (nib).$500 delivered ftf.

Other than the pump shotgun I have to say that this sounds like a lot of fun... I might just have to buy a pump gun... Any .45 pistol, or single stacks only?

i have a winchester 1300 that is set up for 3 gun for sale. it has two barrels; a 22" rifle sighted, winchoke, a 28" vent rib winchoke. it has 5 chokes, two complete stock set, one pistol grip and one regular and two fore-ends. it also has an extra gel filled butt pad. (nib).$500 delivered ftf.

...and a 10 round mag tube.

(I kinda know this shotgun)

jj

Sounds like a great deal. Wish I lived closer to Artesia.

PM sent

Sounds like a great deal. Wish I lived closer to Artesia.