Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

BE vs TG vs Unique

Art Yeo

*** BullsEye (BE) vs TiteGroup (TG) vs Unique ***

All three are fast burning powders, all have illustrious track records and all are pretty versatile.

If my intention is to load 45acp & 9mm Luger for competition, which of these are consistently more accurate?

Edited by Art Yeo

All three are fast burning powders, all have illustrious track records and all are pretty versatile.

If my intention is to load 45acp & 9mm Luger for competition, which of these are consistently more accurate?

I haven't found one to be inherently more accurate than the other. Different guns, bullets, OAL, etc all perform differently. That being said, of the list, I'm a fan of Titegroup.

I have never used Unique so I don't have an opinion about that powder. Of the other two mentioned I have a marked preference for Titegroup. Bullseye was both dirtier and louder.

Titegroup offers a great recoil impulse, it is also inexpensive and easy to find. It is true that this may not be the cleanest powder at lower PF but it's versatility makes up for it (and it's still cleaner than Bullseye).

I used Unique for both for a long time. It is still my back up powder for 9, 40 and 45. Just load it hot, or it will be dirty. On the upper end of PF (135+ in 9, 185+ in 40 or 45) it is fairly clean, and I liked the feel of it.

Having said that, I switched to solo 1000 in 9 and 40 because I liked the feel a little bit more - but, it makes you gun HOT!

1347673997[/url]' post='1779665']

I have not had good luck getting 50 yard accuracy with BE in 9mm, but it is great in 45 and 38 SPL. Titegroup with. Give good groups in 9 and 45, but it burns VERY hot in rapid fire. I use it in 9mm because it works, but continue the search for a replacement that burns cooler and is readily available.

Unique is ok in 9mm. Haven't tried it in 45.

I like Clays very much in 45, along with Winchester 231. 231 works fine in 9mm at 25 and 35 yards, but won't hold x-ring at 50 in my guns. I think it is asking a lot for one powder to,serve those two cartridges becaus ether operate at very different pressures. As I said Titegroup does it, but at the cost of high temps. 231 does so within limits. There are probably others that I haven't tried. I will continue to use Clays in 45, and search for a better 9mm powder. Two powders and two primers isn't too hard to manage to get good results.

I will give Ramshot competition a try in 9mm next time I buy powder.

Hope some of this helps you decide. - john