Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Who tunes mags?

Alaskapopo

The only part of Dawson's kit that make it incredibly awesome are the pliers. I can't seem to find them for sale by themselves anywhere. It's pricey, but worth it if you haven't done it before.

Smooth jawed Duck-bill pliers work good, too. I have a large pair, and a small pair I keep in my shooting bag. I usually just use the small pair.

These are popular for safety wiring work and are common tools among A&P mechanics and sheet metal guys. I got the small pair at an airshow swap meet for less then 5 bucks.

I would say that is a tad high. You will be able to pick up a good used rig from one of the big name builders for close to that. If it is in like new condition....and all the mags run, maybe.

I second the mag tuning kit. It is a skill that you need to posess I'd you are going to run a 2011

I would say that is a tad high. You will be able to pick up a good used rig from one of the big name builders for close to that. If it is in like new condition....and all the mags run, maybe.

I second the mag tuning kit. It is a skill that you need to posess I'd you are going to run a 2011

On my limited gun I just bought tuned mags from Dawson.

Pat