Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

which dillon

ricci

I have a red one and it is no where close to the 1050.....the mechanical engineering is far superior on the 1050. Looking at the money factor the 1050 is still worth the money due to the frustration factors. The red one works fine but you have to be careful because not every pull is consistent. One pull the case feeder may drop a case to the slide bar and it bounce across room.....next one , the bowser drop may stick up and not drop the next powder......if there is a problem with the 1050, it will not advance. I just got my 1050 last month, used, and will have a second on the way next week.

You can't compare a lnl to a 1050. Cmon now.

For what its worth, I have a sdb and a lnl and love em both. As someone said earlier the sdb is the most underrated press there is. That lil machine is awesome.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a red one and it is no where close to the 1050.....the mechanical engineering is far superior on the 1050. Looking at the money factor the 1050 is still worth the money due to the frustration factors. The red one works fine but you have to be careful because not every pull is consistent. One pull the case feeder may drop a case to the slide bar and it bounce across room.....next one , the bowser drop may stick up and not drop the next powder......if there is a problem with the 1050, it will not advance. I just got my 1050 last month, used, and will have a second on the way next week.

For what its worth, I have a sdb and a lnl and love em both. As someone said earlier the sdb is the most underrated press there is. That lil machine is awesome.

True....I was unfair......

True....I was unfair......

Its early, my sarcasm detector isn't up yet. Are you being serious?

I had a 550 for years... loaded a lot of different calibers on it. When I started shooting steel I wanted to be able to load faster so I went with the 650. What a press. All though the 550 will crank out plenty of rounds the 650 will do it faster and easier.

I really like my 650 for cranking out .38 super, 9mm and now 9 Major, but the 550 is the all around work horse that does ever other caliber I reload. It is a little slower but the amount of loads I do for the "other" calibers, does not rate a 650 conversion kit. If I were to start over, I might consider just the 650 but the non auto indexing of the 550 comes in handy when using it as a single stage and I really do not want to "crank" out my 223 rounds.

Hornady LnL :)

I am not regretting buying my 550 but for the LnL is a lot of press for the buck, at the price of the 550. Pretty well built too.

I live in Mesa, so supporting a local business and be able to get my issues addressed quickly was a priority to me.

Sorry don't have an opinion on LOL never seen one in operation nor have I loaded on one but have uses all of Dillons presses either mine or friends machines. Never saw the need with the results I've had with Dillon machines. Smoothest machine was a Dillon B model 1000. All stainless think it's been out of production twenty five years. Easy 1000 rounds in an hour.

Started on a rock chucker, then a Dillon 450, then a Lee 1000. Was really glad to see the Lee 1000 leave. Then a 550 and another till I ended up with a loaded 650. Just had good results with Dillon. If it's not broke don't fix it.